RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
First off, absolutely beautiful bike. If I were able, I'd purchase and store it away in a protective capsule. Given the Nicky Hayden edition, low mileage, unmolested, and pristine, I would be asking anywhere from $8-10K. With that said, I'll offer you $5K. Just kidding!

Best of luck and let the jealousy begin for whomever gets to obtain this gem.

Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off, absolutely beautiful bike. If I were able, I'd purchase and store it away in a protective capsule. Given the Nicky Hayden edition, low mileage, unmolested, and pristine, I would be asking anywhere from $8-10K. With that said, I'll offer you $5K. J/K!

Best of luck and let the jealousy begin for whomever gets to obtain this gem.

Jason
Thanks, Jason. Can't go quite that low but I appreciate the compliments. It's a really nice bike but it just sits in my office.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
In euprope that bike would quite easily sell for almost ten thousand dollars
Would cost more than that to buy & import it though. GLWS.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm hoping at least $7500. Ridiculous?
i bought my stock 06 with 8400 miles last may for 7000, but it wasn’t nearly as clean and unblemished as yours, and it’s not the 04 Nicky bike, so I’d say you are more than fair. I’d think you could start between 8-9, and take an offer with your low cutoff being 7.5-8.

if I had a spare 7500 plus shipping, I’d write you a check as soon as I was done typing this, lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is the right season to be selling. Unless you are in a position where you need to sell her quickly I think the price should reflect what the bike is worth to you. She looks like a gem and who ever ends up with her should be a person who appreciate her they way you have. They have been out of production for a reasonable amount of time now and clean ones are getting harder and harder to find.

Glad I am on the west coast or I would be tempted to come see her and make an offer.

Love to see more pictures if you have the time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have you considered Bring a trailer? I know it is not what it used to be but still might help you get her in front of the 'right' people.

·
Premium Member
2004 Honda RC-51 Nicky Haden Edition.
51 Posts
Brother, I just restored my 04 Nicky Hayden edition. I don't give a rat's ass what anyone here says, no less than 13k. These bikes, 04 Nicky Hayden edition are going to skyrocket in value in about 5-8 years, and collecters no it. I would not sell my 04 for a penny less than 12k. if you ain't got the money, no need to play. beautiful bike my Man.

·
Premium Member
2004 Honda RC-51 Nicky Haden Edition.
51 Posts
This is the right season to be selling. Unless you are in a position where you need to sell her quickly I think the price should reflect what the bike is worth to you. She looks like a gem and who ever ends up with her should be a person who appreciate her they way you have. They have been out of production for a reasonable amount of time now and clean ones are getting harder and harder to find.

Glad I am on the west coast or I would be tempted to come see her and make an offer.

Love to see more pictures if you have the time.

Amen Brother.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think 12+ is shooting for the moon unless the mileage is extremely low, coming from the original owner and unmodified. I don't really expect the value of them to go too much further than it is now. There are enough of them around that if you want one you can find one. It is not until the surviving numbers are low enough that people have to compete for ownership that the price will go up such as they have overseas.

Just my two cents but I am a very firm believer that you should only sell something for what it is worth to you. Doesn't mater what someone tells you it is worth. 'Dad if your bike is worth $12,000 to you than is what it is worth (y).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts