RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Nice bike, but personally I think it is priced a little too high. Although it has low miles, that can sometimes be a bad thing if the bike has been sitting for a long period.

You are in the DC area? There were recently a few nice RC's in the Richmond area (2004 for $3800)...and a few nice ones in the MD area.

Check CL.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you yes 7 K is up compare to others i agree, i am looking for an 04 Nicky Hayden Edition in good shape.....what a fair price you think ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
A lot to be said for and against low mileage, I know folks that wouldn't bat an eye paying for the low mileage. I prefer to buy mine on the inexpensive side. I picked up an 03 down there in adams morgan for under 2k and im building it. It was presently tagged and ugly. Only you know what is a good deal to you. 7k is high I feel. RC 51 is a supercool bike with a good following right now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot to be said for and against low mileage, I know folks that wouldn't bat an eye paying for the low mileage. I prefer to buy mine on the inexpensive side. I picked up an 03 down there in adams morgan for under 2k and im building it. It was presently tagged and ugly. Only you know what is a good deal to you. 7k is high I feel. RC 51 is a supercool bike with a good following right now.
i hear you... if i would have the time and facility i would do the same.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Wrong is somewhat subjective. And it depends if you want stock or don't mind modded.

Here's what I see. It's missing the stock signals front and rear, missing passenger pegs, has ugly exhaust, missing the ama upper cowl decals, no stock seat, with the rear signals missing the rear fender may be cut and/or it has an undertail (can't tell as there is no picture), has an added hugger, missing the stock gas cap and an entire lock set is needed if you want it back to stock with a single key, has aftermarket levers, clutch cover looks marked.

Also can't tell how mint it is. At $7k it had better have very little wrong in the way of scratches, dents, dings, etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd want way more pics of the ebay one and hi res too. It's missing stock stuff and I wonder about the rear fender.

Here is another member sale http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33066
Wrong is somewhat subjective. And it depends if you want stock or don't mind modded.

Here's what I see. It's missing the stock signals front and rear, missing passenger pegs, has ugly exhaust, missing the ama upper cowl decals, no stock seat, with the rear signals missing the rear fender may be cut and/or it has an undertail (can't tell as there is no picture), has an added hugger, missing the stock gas cap and an entire lock set is needed if you want it back to stock with a single key, has aftermarket levers, clutch cover looks marked.

Also can't tell how mint it is. At $7k it had better have very little wrong in the way of scratches, dents, dings, etc.
thank you so much for your comment..thats good information... i am new to that kind of bike and appreciate any help. i am looking for an 04 and it should be more or less stock .. contacted already various offers on here. we will see what we can pull.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

thank you so much for your comment..thats good information... i am new to that kind of bike and appreciate any help. i am looking for an 04 and it should be more or less stock .. contacted already various offers on here. we will see what we can pull.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Happy to help.

It is very very hard to find a stock cherry RC51, especially when limiting selection to a specific year. The issues mentioned are good bargaining points on price for the ebay bike. Other than that, as mentioned, one needs many more hi res pics to see condition. At that price it had better be very clean, and if it is clean that is a big plus. All of the parts mentioned earlier are still cheaper than a new swingarm for example (swingarms are easily cosmetically damaged on the bike).

Also of interesting note, the ebay bike has some of the biggest chicken strips I've ever seen on a bike. The current owner may have babied it, or been more of a 1/4 mile person. I'd run that down with the owner (without insulting him), and I'd find out owner age and how long he had it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts