RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
I'm a douche with a Porsche....
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004 Honda RC-51 Hayden Edition with 4412 miles on it. Sato low mounts with orig. pipes included, new battery, all fluids recently flushed (coolent, brake, clutch), oil changed every 1k miles, mich. pilot pwr's, hotbodies undertail, power commander, NEVER been down or in rain (fair weather rider :)). Orig sticker kit not installed but comes with. Hayden autographed pass seat cover...not a sticker like the tank, the real thing. Pitbull center stand...basically perfect condition. Asking $11,900.00...please, if you can't afford it or don't approve of the price, keep it to yourself. That is the "asking" price. I will entertain any and all proper offers. Pics soon to follow...Thanks. The bike will be at Americade in Lake George, NY next week if anyone is interested in seeing it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i was trying to be nice but lets be honest.....i know you said you will take offers, but just so you know a brand new 0 miles bike in crate was going for 10k a couple months ago

you will probably actually get a realistic offer if you have a realistic asking price, thats all im gettin at

·
I'm a douche with a Porsche....
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$6k over KBB....you're crazy!
I stated a price and also said to give your best offer. I'm feel bad for you that your not reading the whole post. KBB?? Crap reference for an rc. Sorry that you feel that way about price. Again, you didn't read...keep your negative comments to yourself...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I sold my 03 with 2400 miles on it 5 months ago for $4000 and it took me 8 months to get that, just sayin......

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
thats about what they go for these days. i bought my SP1 2 years ago with 4000k for 3500.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In So Cal their values have gone up. ive have recently been able to sell 2 RC51s for over $1000 more than what i paid for them (and i paid $5400 and $5000) there are guys asking 8-9k for them but they're smoking crack

love these bikes, love the fact that i can ride them for a month or so them sell them for a profit!:D

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
yeah, it does depend on where you are and how rare the bike is there at the moment. i noticed California and New york (where i am originally from) bikes tend to be more expensive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
damn, you GAVE it away!
I started at $7K and just worked my way down month by month. Its tough because $4K can buy you a lot of bike right now, and you need a specific buyer for an RC51.

I haven't seen any Jap sport bike 00-06 actually selling for more than $6K

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
thats the cool thing about the RC is its a true enthusiasts bike, it just sucks when it comes down to selling it....makes it near impossible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put down the pipe and step away from the keyboard

There are currently 2 RC 51's in crates at the local dealership for sale. one is an 04 Hayden and the other is the 06

you can have either one of them for 10 grand.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i keep talking about buying one of these bikes, but all i ever see is stuff totally overpriced.... watch ebay, none of them ever sells....crazy:confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I paid $7k for an '03 with 1200 miles on it in '07, and this guy easily had $2K in add-ons and spares. I think your price is major unrealistic.

John

·
Registered
198 Posts
hmmmmmmm

Yeah I paid a little extra for mine too John, but it was loaded. Also it was the original owner , orig tires and 3 inch wide chicken strips. SO I knew it had been taken care of, and VERY clean. IT was worth it.
So I guess my point is you get what you pay for some times. I agree some are smokin crack at the crazy prices but a little more for a very nice bike isn't too much to ask IMO.

Hope you are well John, hope to ride with you soon !!!! :D Hoovy

·
Registered
149 Posts
hey Hoovy,
Good to hear from ya! Headed out to Ohio for a CBX rally this week, but give me a shout when you are up for a ride..............it's Summer so I'm free every day till mid August when it's time to teach little monsters again.

BTW, if you run into a clean RC 51 SP2 let me know, my best buddy from PA is looking for one, he regrets selling his near mint '03 954 to my son. In reality, his 954 ate dust from my 51 on 250 from Monterrey to my house!

take it slow, John

1 - 20 of 161 Posts