RC51 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know I'm gonna get smacked around here for this but I really want everyone's opinion on this subject.

I've been riding my "new to me" 2004 RC51 for a few days now and have really enjoyed it. I love the sound, the way it "farts" as my daughter says, and just the beauty alone; I can stare at my bike for hours, that's just me I guess. With that being said, my best friend/mechanic finished replacing the rear suspension bearings and a few other tweaks on my R1 last night so I got to ride it...MAN! Without going into too much detail, I now know what my friends meant when they heard I was selling my R1 for the RC51. There is no way in hell I can sell the R1. I need both of them to complete me. They are both, to me, the most beautiful machines I have ever seen. Problem is, I sold my R1 on ebay and the guy has already sent the money via Paypal.

Here's where your opinion counts...

How should I deal with the buyer from ebay? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is my 2008 R1 "Raven" and my 2004 RC51 "Nicky Haydon Edition"

·
Registered
502 Posts
WOW!
Sounds like you need to come up with a good story to the buyer and Ebay for backing out!

I guess I'd refund the buyers money and tell him whatever you tell him!

Sounds like a great combination of bikes!
I love having my RC51 and my CBR1000RR!

Good luck with the transaction! Hope it works out in your favor!

·
Registered
332 Posts
The binding contract with eBay will probably tell you the answer...

Maybe you can contact the R1 buyer and just explain what happened and offer to refund his $$ less a "trouble fee" for his/her time and understanding?

Keep the RC... good Hayden editions are hard to find and good to keep. And have a spare RC rider!

Ride safe!

·
Registered
17 Posts
how'd the transaction go down? is there a strong reason that you must have this particular r1? craigslist has lots and lots of them.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
give the guy 100 bucks for his trouble towards another bike. that will work garunteed

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just tell him the bike was damaged for some reason or another, give him the option to back out. If you can live with B.S.n him. Or just slap the money in the bank, and ride the RC.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Im the guys buying his bike...Hmmmmmmmmm...he..he..he

·
Registered
14 Posts
R1 are a dime a dozen on CL. Go find a nice Nicky Hayden right now. Good luck. You sold the R1 so honor it. If you never lie, you never have to remember what you said :). Maybe you rather want a CBR1k instead anyway ;). If you let the R1 go it frees you up to evaluate all possible options.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE!
After all of the advice, I decided to just forget all about the R1. Mike is right, R1's are for sale all over the place and for cheap! This particular R1 was special to me because it was my 1st liter bike and I just put my heart heart and soul into as far as aftermarket parts go. I will surely miss it but every time I jump onto my RC, I forget all about it!
Thanks for all the comments!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well done man.
You won't regret it.
And as everyone else is saying, R1's are everywhere. Good versions of the Hayden RC's are getting rarer by the day.
Consider yourself very fortunate.
Cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very good choice. I just sold my Nicky Hayden because I ride 80% track and didn't want to mess up a perfect bike. Bought a Daytona 675 and already miss the RC. Will buy another one next year for the street. Lesson from that: never sell your RC51! Ever! There's nothing more satisfying than that rumble you get from that big twin with some nice pipes (I had Satos).

You can always buy another R1. But what for anyways if you have an RC?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok Williiam, now post-up a sound clip of that Two Brothers Exhaust System!! Been curious for a really long time what that set-up sounds like on the RC (I also ride an 04) ...is that the M5 V.A.L.E. Exhaust I've seen on the TBR website? ...also wonder'n how the "cans" and "mid-pipes" mount together without springs so maybe some close-up pics?? Thanks... -peace

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok Williiam, now post-up a sound clip of that Two Brothers Exhaust System!! Been curious for a really long time what that set-up sounds like on the RC (I also ride an 04) ...is that the M5 V.A.L.E. Exhaust I've seen on the TBR website? ...also wonder'n how the "cans" and "mid-pipes" mount together without springs so maybe some close-up pics?? Thanks... -peace
I'll post up a sound clip this weekend. Personally, I think it's the best sounding exhaust I've heard one the RC's; and I've heard 'em all!The exhaust is the M5 but not the V.A.L.E..I also wonder how that works w/out springs :confused: :confused: :confused: I'll take some Hi-Res pictures this weekend also. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again fellas!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
R1 are a dime a dozen on CL. Go find a nice Nicky Hayden right now. Good luck. You sold the R1 so honor it. If you never lie, you never have to remember what you said .
As I said, I already have a Nicky. I wasn't trying to lie to the buyer. I was just thinking about backing out of the deal. I was just basically asking for advice on how to approach the buyer if I wanted to back out of the deal. In the end, the R1 is gone and Nicky and I are doing just fine. BUT...I sure do miss my R1!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts