RC51 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
well you know what to do then.

check brown to battery negative, if it's still 4 volts then you have an issue with your positive. if it's 12 volts you have an issue with your grounding.

there's also a large ground block taped into the harness on the left side of the rider's seat. you can see it under the tape it's a big rectangle. any corrosion in there will cause chaos.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I had my meter set incorrectly, my meter is reading 450 on pick up coil I will be doing a oil change today I will pop the cover to the stator and pick up to see if there is oil in there or something crazy like rust 🫣

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
dude i can't help you. you're so scatter brained here.

the last thing i suggested you didn't even bother with.

good luck with your search. chances are it's grounding but if you aren't going to bother trying what i've been asking it's not worth my attempts at help.

hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You need to go back to this step:

check brown to battery negative, if it's still 4 volts then you have an issue with your positive. if it's 12 volts you have an issue with your grounding.

there's also a large ground block taped into the harness on the left side of the rider's seat. you can see it under the tape it's a big rectangle. any corrosion in there will cause chaos.

Neither the CDI or Fuel Pump will run properly on 4 volts, so until you sort that it would be a waste of time checking anything downstream. Until you get at least 12 volts in all your "engine management" circuits, there is no reason to go further. Don't worry about CDI or Coil output until you get the voltage sorted.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts