RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about selling my 2005 rc51. Its a clean bike ive had since 0 miles and now has 11,3xx on it. Located in Southeast Iowa. I hate to do it but I haven't put alot of miles on in in the last 2 years. I will post full info and pics later. Just getting the ball rolling while on break at work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got er out this weekend around town running errands and she burned up some of last falls stabilized gas just fine... took some pics tonight

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the life story of my rc. Bought in 07 in Peoria IL off their showroom floor. Broke in with honda conventional oil changed at 642 miles then at 1600 miles I switched to Mobil 1 full synthetic 10w40 racing 4t motorcycle oil and ran ever since with records of changes. New battery 2 weeks ago since the 5 yr old one was weak, just the same ebay cheapo but 5 yrs is pretty good life. Stored in heated garage since day 1. Never raced or dropped and people say I'm pretty particular and take care of my stuff and vehicles. Bike has 11,3xx miles now , never have had any problems with it. D and D slip ons since 2008. flushmount front signals and a hot bodies rear undertail kit. Jpr short adjustable charcoal color levers. Original chain still in the green on axle blocks. Original brakes rotors sprockets that seem to be very good condition. Tires are continental motions with 800 miles on then which are a sport touring tire that wears a little longer than sportbike tires because I wore the centers out commuting to work and riding around town. 3rd set of tires so I averaged 5k per set. I have stock exhaust, levers and a set of black widow bike stands. Well taken care of bike and not abused. I had the rims powder coated med gloss black due to paint chips and wheel weight marks and use sticky weights nows. I don't know what they sell for around here but I'd say $5900 is fair. I've been wanting something more comfortable and I'm not getting any younger so I've found a cruiser I like. Let me know if I forgot anything.

·
Super Moderator
413 Posts
Very nice RC you have there Greasy.. take it from me I've sold a couple RCs in the past & always regretted it..
I have a 2006 RC now & I plan on keeping it.. based on the condition you described you've priced it too cheap in my opinion..
the bike will sell but I suggest keeping it. :wink2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments guys now I'm sitting here pondering my decisions on it... she was my grocery wagon yesterday after work it was 70 degrees.. nice to watch people stare and drool at stop lights wondering what kind of motor makes this sound on a sportbike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found me a 2014 victory vegas 8 ball I like.. been wanting a victory cruiser pretty bad but I'm sitting here trying to justify 2 bikes in the garage.. i do have the room for em though

·
Registered
198 Posts
Found me a 2014 victory vegas 8 ball I like.. been wanting a victory cruiser pretty bad but I'm sitting here trying to justify 2 bikes in the garage.. i do have the room for em though
I'm 60, and I'm keeping my RC. Period. And that's even if I only ride my Duc Multi to any real extent anymore, which is why I bought it last year. It's my "comfy cruiser" that also goes like hell AND has hard luggage and modern techy stuff for long touring use.

I oughta buy your bike and put it in MY living room! :)

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
My second bike was a 98 vtr1000. And it was a nice but man the sound. I couldn't get over the sound. I absolutely loved it. And like you said there is no other sport bike like it. Then when the RCs came out that was my dream bike. I said to myself one day I'll have that bike. Well now almost 20 years later my wife finally said go buy one. So I bought an 02 RC. And I would not trade this thing for the world. I only paid $5000 cnd for mine. So that's like $40 bucks American now. Lol. There will be no way I'll sell this bike. It's mine now haha.

I could only wish I had it since new.

You have a rare gem there man. Especially cause it has been no one else's.

If you could hold on to it I would. It's a priceless masterpiece.

Good luck with either way you go.

Stiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go for the Victory, You will not regret it. I have a Victory Hammer and love it!!! I sold my 2000 VTR 1000 Superhawk to make that happen, wished I coulda kept both but wasn't gonna happen. After riding the Hammer for a while I said that even if I Still had the Superhawk it wouldn't get ridden much because the Hammer is just so much fun.

Now I am looking at buying a 03 Superhawk to put back in the garage because I can get it at a steal of a price with only 5k miles on her, but I will not be satisfied until I get my paws on an RC51, then my heart can rest.

Sell your RC if you really need to to make your wish of a Victory happen, you can always come back to an RC if you want to.

·
Registered
510 Posts
That is one sweet ride. I really like the gray/black scheme. It comes in right behind my beloved 03 scheme.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Very nice RC you have there Greasy.. take it from me I've sold a couple RCs in the past & always regretted it..
I have a 2006 RC now & I plan on keeping it.. based on the condition you described you've priced it too cheap in my opinion..
the bike will sell but I suggest keeping it. :wink2:
agreed…….you will regret it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I sent you a PM! :)

Very interested, I still miss my vtr1000f with the dynojet kit. I would love to take good care of your RC51!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'd keep it. You might not find one again if you're looking in 5 or 10 years. Not in that shape and that sentimental value. And who knows what price you might have to pay in that time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well here's the update.. purchased a 2014 victory cross country waiting for it to be shipped.. what a pain that is. Had a local guy interested on my rc but couldn't part with his zx14. Now his friend is on board but refinancing his house so has to wait on that. I've had 2 interested members on here. 1 seems like a scam and other guy seems legit as he already had a nice bike collection.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Hope you like your Victory more than I did. Had a Victory Hammer for awhile but just wasn't me. Poor handling, clunky transmission, and shook like a junkie in the first week of rehab.

Does that mean the RC51 is still for sale?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts