RC51 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 BMW s1000rr or Aprilla rs4 Factory???

:confused:Which one would you own and why?? I was looking at these two bikes and i cannot decide which one i would rather put in the garage when i get back to America. Still a dream at the moment but just in case the wife gives the go, I would like to have my mind made up....:confused:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice choices - and hats off to the Mrs if she gives the go ahead. I just checked prices and the fully loaded Bimmer is 16K. The Factory Aprilia, gulp - 26K. Lets see 10K difference, worth it? Depends on what you like. The V-4 will definetly be cool, and probably some great music coming from that engine. The Beemer - another glorified Japan bike with a little side of kraut. Don't get me wrong, the Bimmer is probably a great bike and quality will be up there with the best of them and its 10K less. To me, the difference of 10K is hard to justify for the V4 Aprilia. On the other side, the base versions, 14K for the Bimmer and 19.3K for the V4 is more in the ball park, only 5k difference. Is your skill level up there to warrant the top of line models? Or would you be satisfied with the base models which are probably more bike than 90% of the potential buyers can handle? Ah hell, get a loan for both - 34K for both base models or 42K for the full loaded. Keep us posted as to which way you go.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I seen an RSV4 Factory up close and it's gorgeous in Aprilia red colors.
Plus it's a V-4, and sounds sweet compared to YAI4 (yet another inline four).
Plus now you can get the optional gear drive cam option.

I've never been able to wrap my head around the Beemers asymmetrical styling.
My first impression was a design by committee that didn't talk amongst themselves.
At the least the blue, white, and red is decent. I would never buy the bile green model.

However both BMW and Aprilia have raised the bar and now we'll see if the big 4 will respond once/if the economy improves.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The Aprilia RSV4R (Not the Factory) would be my first choice.
The BMW is nice, but it's still just another I4.
i have to agree. I think they list for 14999k or close to it. The looks alone make it better than the beemer but the v4 will make your pepe hard just hearing it! Screw the Factory, at that cost you could have 1198s

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Aprilla hands down here. I know the BMW is setting new records right now but it is a high screaming I4. Plus I saw the Aprilla at the AMA races last year when they were in Topeka. The ones they had there just made me want to hock all my vehicles for one LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
APRILLIA, hands down!:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice choices - and hats off to the Mrs if she gives the go ahead. I just checked prices and the fully loaded Bimmer is 16K. The Factory Aprilia, gulp - 26K. Lets see 10K difference, worth it? Depends on what you like. The V-4 will definetly be cool, and probably some great music coming from that engine. The Beemer - another glorified Japan bike with a little side of kraut. Don't get me wrong, the Bimmer is probably a great bike and quality will be up there with the best of them and its 10K less. To me, the difference of 10K is hard to justify for the V4 Aprilia. On the other side, the base versions, 14K for the Bimmer and 19.3K for the V4 is more in the ball park, only 5k difference. Is your skill level up there to warrant the top of line models? Or would you be satisfied with the base models which are probably more bike than 90% of the potential buyers can handle? Ah hell, get a loan for both - 34K for both base models or 42K for the full loaded. Keep us posted as to which way you go.
Skill level skill level....not sure if it will ever be high enough to warrant these machines... I have maybe 10000 miles under my belt. Might not be alot but alot of those are over here in Korea and that speakes for its self with these out of control drivers...
My wife and i have never went with a base model on anything... Kinda like buying a Hotdog at Cub stadium and not being able to put the mustard on it, almost not worth getting it....
Right now i am set up for getting a Z06 Corvette when i get back but i am seriously thinking about more gear another bike and beasting up my RC instead....
I really like the idea for both but not really sure how to pass it off with out sounding a little greedy:) and not to mention the insurance.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I seen an RSV4 Factory up close and it's gorgeous in Aprilia red colors.
Plus it's a V-4, and sounds sweet compared to YAI4 (yet another inline four).
Plus now you can get the optional gear drive cam option.

I've never been able to wrap my head around the Beemers asymmetrical styling.
My first impression was a design by committee that didn't talk amongst themselves.
At the least the blue, white, and red is decent. I would never buy the bile green model.

However both BMW and Aprilia have raised the bar and now we'll see if the big 4 will respond once/if the economy improves.
Yea i have been on both bikes over here and they are pretty sweet... believe it or not the BMW feels more comfortable and roomy.. For some reason i like the BMW style, not knokin Aprilla because i could never take away from that insane machine... As of now i will walk back down to both and check them out again.. If i do go this way it will more than likley be an on the spot decision... You know the go back and forth until the wife steps in and says just buy the more exspensive one...:D (what a thought)
Will post if it ever happens though...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Aprilia RSV4R (Not the Factory) would be my first choice.
The BMW is nice, but it's still just another I4.
Why not the factory? I was kinda leaning twards the factory out of two Aprillas...

·
Registered
12 Posts
groundpound have you thought of the BMW HP2 sport? im a twiny fan 4 life , but a mate has one of these...its F%^*ing amasing!! alot of $$, its worth it though

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
groundpound have you thought of the BMW HP2 sport? im a twiny fan 4 life , but a mate has one of these...its F%^*ing amasing!! alot of $$, its worth it though
The HP2 does look awsome but my RC is putting out more and i like have her as the only foriegn twin in my garage... I am looking at these 2 because they are the top of the top... I am pretty well set on the BMW... Exhaust upgrade and i am at 200 HP... Also i am 6'1'' 200lbs and the BMW feels very roomy to me.. The Aprilla sound can not be matched but when you compare reviews the BMW wins hands down....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depends on what you want from this bike......
Aprilia equals Class, also a better long term resale.
Not saying its a better bike than BMW, matter of fact not as comfortable & you (I, know I ) couldnt ride it as hard as the Bimmer.
The BMW, is the best I4 available, Track & Street .
All that trick gear makes it unbelievably "easy" to ride close to the limit.
Any body can ride this bike Fast ! Thats how they made it......
But as we, who love the RC51 know that isnt always what is cool. Otherwise we would all be riding I4s.
The Aprilia is Class.... the BMW is a brilliant bike!
But in 3-5 years time all the others will have caught up to it & the Bimmer will be just another I4 .
The Aprilia will be a cool bike still (Particularly the Factory) Much like the RC51
Have you seen the New Biaggi Special V. Cool !

By the way how do you get such an amazing wife ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts