RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the board...just picked up a 2003 rc51 as a second bike. My first bike is a 2004 vfr 800. Anyway I'm a member of vfrworld.com and we're planning a tail of the dragon/deals gap ride 5/31-6/4. we'll be staying at the kickstand lodge. Here's a link http://vfrworld.com/forums/usa-south/27409-vfr-gathering-2010-a.html . I figured I'd extend the invite to rc51 riders. It doesn't really matter what you ride but it's going to be a great time!:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell yeah! right now I thing the count is somewhere between 15-20 people going to be there so far.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There seems to be a few guys with the vfr\rc51 combo. I know there's a few on vfrworld.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been wanting to come up there to ride. I have an aunt in Nashville. I might pull both bikes (98 blackbird, 04 rc51) up to Nash. and then swap up for a couple days of riding. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Keep me informed!

Yeah,sounds like a good group ride!I have been thinkin' about tryin to get a group of twins 2gether for a bit now and would like to see it happen.Maybe someone can put a post like this on Speedzilla and East TN Riders forumas as well.OH;And don't forget Killboy and Deals Gap as well!!!
I'm in!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell Yeah. I'm counting down the days until the ride. I provided a link in my first post...they're putting together a roster so we can get an idea of how many will be there. right now i think its up to about 23 people...but that's an early estimate. See you there!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hope....

I hope this date sticks and this ride actually happens cause i've bragged about it on Speedzilla and several people are wanting to get together on this ride!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i would go but that is just after my Colorado tour trip but plan on getting down sometime this year been there at least once a year for the past 10 years

·
Registered
98 Posts
There seems to be a few guys with the vfr\rc51 combo. I know there's a few on vfrworld.com
I've noticed that, too, Dustin. I like the VFR for longer trips and the rare occasion my wife actually rides pillion. The RC will be my "solo" bike (which I've yet to ride since buying it last weekend, thanks to all the fricking snow we're having!) BTW, I'm also on VFR World and VFRD.

·
Registered
27 Posts
same combo here me and a few guys will try to make the trip

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The RC will be my "solo" bike (which I've yet to ride since buying it last weekend, thanks to all the fricking snow we're having!) BTW, I'm also on VFR World and VFRD.
The RC is going to be my solo bike also. My bike came with the rear seat but I've been trying to find the cowl instead but I can't find one anywhere. I feel you with the weather...I couldn't help myself. a few days ago it was 30 degrees and the roads were clear so I bundled up and took the rc for a ride. I can't wait for spring!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
same combo here me and a few guys will try to make the trip
Hell yeah. This trip is definitly on! I'll go alone if I have to and there are atleast 10 other guys who feel the same way. Hope to see you there!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
My bike came with the rear seat but I've been trying to find the cowl instead but I can't find one anywhere.
Me too, been looking everywhere trying to find one, and you're right, they are virtually impossible to find. Either that or nobody wants to get rid of them. And the 05/06 black/gray ones? Forget about it. Apparently they have become an extinct species. Sure, you can buy them through your authorized Honda stealership but they ain't cheap. Ron Ayers Honda has them in their parts fiche for $48.77 + shipping. Seems like alot for a piece of plastic, but then I'm a tight-wad.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I figured I would bump this and once again extend the invite to all who want to go... It looks like I'll be leaving the rc at home and bringing the vfr. My buddy and I plan on leaving on may 30 and staying till about june 4. It sounds like the majority is arriving on may 31st. We'll be staying at the kickstand lodge. officially it's a VFR get together but there will be a mix of bikes (zrx 1200, 929, st1300, and maybe some rc's). So come one come all it's going to be a hell of a time!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts