• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, it's down to the final two entrants.
This will decide who will be the 2011 Bike Of The Year winner.

The finalists are:

twoeleven

b.miller123

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's a tough one. But I'm not a fan of the fancy front brake rotors. That was my determining factor. I'd kill to have either one in my stable though.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, there was not too much turn out in votes for both semi-finals.
Out of 3483 members, semi-finals 1 was decided by 10 votes, and semi-finals 2 was decided by 12.
And potentially, the same members may have voted in both polls.
I sort of expected more.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i really like twoeleven the stock wheels do it for me as how clean the rest of the bike is ,,,

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Bmiller hands down. he has more in his exhaust than two eleven does in his exhaust and front brake rotors together. Plus those wheels are hardly ever on an RC(his is the first time I have ever seen it)

Two eleven's bike is clean but having such a clean bike then putting Hindle Exhaust on it just turns me off.

·
Registered
96 Posts

The Hindles fell off just as soon as I was able to find an absolutely pristine set of Sato Titanium Lows...

I wasn't asked for an update on the bike so I am not sure how the rules go, but she's all tight and right now!

Merry Christmas, and I am honored to even have my bike considered!!!

Thanks,

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I think it would be more interesting if each entry had a list of their important mods. I don't mean a long laundry list like flapper mod or resevior covers, I mean stuff like Millers rims, and Griffs Sato's. It's like looking a car and not being able to see under the hood. I'm with SubSailor, it's a little sad how few members will vote. Maybe figure out a way to keep the voting thread on top of the ActiveTopics. Like a sticky.

Anyway, these are two gorgeous bikes. And I know both you guys have put a lot into them. Well Done! I gotta go for the '03. I remember when b.miller got those rims and posted about it. I was so jealous!!! Me want's some super light rims! But then again, I remember when Griff got those coveted Sato's...

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I think it would be more interesting if each entry had a list of their important mods. I don't mean a long laundry list like flapper mod or resevior covers, I mean stuff like Millers rims, and Griffs Sato's. It's like looking a car and not being able to see under the hood. I'm with SubSailor, it's a little sad how few members will vote. Maybe figure out a way to keep the voting thread on top of the ActiveTopics. Like a sticky.

Anyway, these are two gorgeous bikes. And I know both you guys have put a lot into them. Well Done! I gotta go for the '03. I remember when b.miller got those rims and posted about it. I was so jealous!!! Me want's some super light rims! But then again, I remember when Griff got those coveted Sato's...
Here is a list for my bike. There is a list for twoeleven's bike in the semifinals thread. I'll let him post it to prevent any confusion:

2003 RC51

Modifications:
Öhlins rear shock
Moriwaki shock linkage
Sato rear-sets with Sato reverse shift knuckle*
Sato clip-ons
Scotts steering damper
Jim Ahlman speedometer calibrator
PC III USB
Ladybird titanium full size oval exhaust canisters with titanium conical mid-pipes
Spiegler braided steel brake lines
OZ forged aluminum wheels with custom captive front spacers
Spal fan with manual switch
F4i black front calipers
ZX-14 radial clutch/brake masters
DID 520 conversion with 15/41 sprockets*
Custom undertail with cbr1000rr tail light
Proton front turn signals
Scorpio 2-way alarm
HRC style rear brake reservoir
HRC 1/6 turn throttle

Not shown in picture or awaiting install:
Turnone carbon fiber airbox and snorkel*
Factory Pro shift-star
Scotts underhung Brembo rear caliper
Attack Racing bodywork for the track

Updated picture from the track:

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it would be more interesting if each entry had a list of their important mods. I don't mean a long laundry list like flapper mod or resevior covers, I mean stuff like Millers rims, and Griffs Sato's. It's like looking a car and not being able to see under the hood...
I invite anyone to list their modification, and have posted their mods when sent to me.
I'll modify my monthly posting to request list of mods.
Besides the photo, it lists ones work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Current mods are:
Elka 3-way racing shock
Toby damper
Galfer wave rotors
Galfer SS lines
Galfer "green" pads
Puig screen
CRG levers
TBR clip-ons with Renthal grips
Sato Titanium Low-mounts w/Sato Ti hangers
Power Commander PCIII USB
Soft Rev mod
Flapper mod
Hotbodies LED undertail

I think that is most of it, I will do the Sato rearsets before next season.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations to b.miller123 for winning the 2011 Bike Of The Year contest!

Well done all who participated this year. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.