RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone else as excited as i am for this season?

After FP1 there have already been quite a few surprises
Looks like its going to get interesting.

Hondas are dominating, yamahas and Ducati are sitting pretty average. But the wild Duc still not being consistant, can Rossi sort it out or adapt to its riding style?

Rossi wasn't looking to good through the practice seesions but after FP1 hes got the 5th fastest time after being down in 9th/10th position.

Stoner and Pedrosa are still leading on the Honda (great rider's but personally i don't want to see them win)

Aoyama (who i was pulling for) was putting up great numbers during practice but after FP1 is back down to 12th

Simoncelli is also looking great on his Honda, would not mind seeing him win.

Spies right behind Rossi

What do you guys thinkl?:eek:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yes, right there with you bro'. Been going thru "no racing on the tube withdrawals". Didn't help that the F-1 Bahrain gig got postponed due to the crap going on there. Been watching the the Qatar practice sessions videos on Motogp.com. Can't wait to see how Rossi does on the Duck. I hope he wags that Ducati tail piece in Lorenzo's face.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
What with work, I almost forgot about it.
I don't watch much TV (esp. SpeedTV) so It's easy to get lost in the clutter.
I'll be watching it tomorrow though.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Yes, right there with you bro'. Been going thru "no racing on the tube withdrawals". Didn't help that the F-1 Bahrain gig got postponed due to the crap going on there. Been watching the the Qatar practice sessions videos on Motogp.com. Can't wait to see how Rossi does on the Duck. I hope he wags that Ducati tail piece in Lorenzo's face.

Serves F1 for screwing up the Indy race! Greedy bastards that lot is.

As for GP, Stoner is okay but The Mad Midget Pedrosa...he could crash out every race, it wouldn't bother me. He is a mouthy little douche and a mediocre rider to boot. Yeah, I still reserve some angst for the little prick.:D after he treated Nicky like shit.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm still hoping Rossi does well this season, but it does look like hes having some trouble on the Duc. Stoner, Pedrosa, and Lorenzo are not my favorite riders. Colin is doing ok but he just can't seem to get into the top 3. I think we will see Spies on the podium a lot this season.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How awesome would it be if Rossi just started to dominate on the Duc? I think that would top out his career.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
How awesome would it be if Rossi just started to dominate on the Duc? I think that would top out his career.
If so, the Ducati team would be giddy as school girls.
However with his recovery from his shoulder injury, I wouldn't place any bets.
Those injuries have sidelined many a rider.
Plus the Ducati has been problematic in the past with it's carbon-fiber frame and swingarm. Difficult to taylor the amount and direction of flex in that component.
It can be done, but it will take some trial and error, plus a lot of computer modeling time.
Many variables to juggle on a MotoGP bikes vehicle dynamics.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Honda's resurgence is looking like the real deal. Special gearbox could be the difference.
Ducati's looking up at it so far. Is Rossi playing psyche games already with his shoulder?
Lorenzo's up on the front row,will this make him the new stalker of the Honda Duo.
Spies and Marco have a nose for the fight.
Heal up Mr. Bautista, meanwhile hello Mr. Hopkins.
Congrates to Colin on his near decade of MotoGp riding, now get a victory!
Hoping Nicki can survive long enough to tame the beastly front end slider.
Hope we get a fight to the end with everyone healthy.
What's the show without the stars?

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice.... sweet pics. RACEDAY

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
still rooting for nicky! long shot by far but thats how i roll...gets old watching those 3 or 4 win every weekend. could root for spies but for some reason i have never, even against miladin and i hated him. Im just down for the under dogs. Always rooted against rossi til now that hes the old man that nobody expects to win. we shall see!!! Be great if colin could pull out some crazy shit. 10 years and no win is almost embarrasing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts