RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I'd like it if those front rotors bolted on. The RC rotor carriers look awful.

Those wheels look like Kawasaki wheels. Honda should stick with the 5 spoke wheels like the SP2 had. They are, in my opinion by far the best looking wheels on any recent sportbike out of Japan. Simple and classic.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Five (or six) spoked wheels are the most beautiful ever. Like all the RCs (RC30,RC45) and all the other track bikes like the NSR250 they look amazing for a so simple design wheel.
Even though these 12 spoked wheels are not that ugly, I think that they don't reflect RC51's personality. But that is totally my taste.....maybe with the proper complete modifications they can look quite good on an RC.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i hope this new bike dont use oil like the last ones have been doing , and honda saying it is ok with 1qt for every 3000 miles , that not good in my book

·
Registered
728 Posts
just an FYI I will be selling my 09 repsol CBR1000RR wheels and rotors if anyone is looking. They are 3 spoke.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Depending on the wheel and axle dimensions, you may need to change the bearings and axle spacers, plus rotors to match the wheel dimensions to the RC51 forks/calipers.
And that's just a generality.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
The 1000rr rear will bolt right up.

the front will take new bearings and the rotor bolt up point is 4mm(2mm perside) narrower than the RC and this causes problems.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
im thinkin about doing the rear wheel, how hard would it be to bolt up the front to SP2 forks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts