RC51 Forums banner

2013 Bike Of The Year (Semi-Final Group 2 of 2)

• Duckhunter

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • NoriHaga41

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • DuckJr

• The Stig

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • nobody

• RC-DEVIL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The time has now arrived for the 2013 Bike Of The Year (BOTY).

Since the system currently only allows a maximum of 10 poll entries, I've broken this years contestants into two semi-final groups of 6.

From these two groups, each winner will then proceed to the finals, where the winner will be the 2013 Bike Of The Year.

The contestants in Semi-Final Group 2 of 2 are:

Duckhunter

NoriHaga41

DuckJr

The Stig

nobody

RC-DEVIL

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Well then remove me from the running.
Should not of been eligable in the first place I suppose.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
I think it's fine. With as much time and attention to detail as you put into your machine...
Let him go the numbers will decide!

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Anyways - I care not either way really. I know what I got sitting here.

My vote went to my brother in Japan, Reasons being...

- My dream exhaust is on his SP2
- The wheels
- Discaciatti calipers
- The paint job is a winner too... love the Euro spec white scheme.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I know this has been discussed, but it doesn't seem right to me to include a partial bike ... but then I guess guys are free to not vote on it.

No offense to DH, coming along there ... but it's not even ride-able like that (no gas tank).
If you know what you're looking at, there's an impressive amount of upgrades on this "partial" bike. Gas tank missing...??? Ok.
Did you notice the Ohlins forks, the upgraded axles, the exhaust, the rearsets, nicky mod, rear shock, battery tray, front mount radiators, airbox, custom tailsection (I think), - that's just what I can see from the picture. I'm sure there's more. Knowing Duckbuilder, much more.

I say Duckhunters bike is a very good representation of what can be done to a RC51.
And it's damn well worthy of being in the competition.
Rant over.
:D

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Thanks JD :)

Yeah it is only " slightly modified " hehehe.

The tail section is a kind donation for molding from Nobody, the Magical Racing front fender has the same fate and so does the Magical rear hugger... both sent by donation from our resident guru - The Stig.
Thanks gents.

·
Registered
606 Posts
All great bikes. I just feel bad for anyone that has to go head to head with Stig's bike. Thing is a friggen masterpiece!

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
All great bikes. I just feel bad for anyone that has to go head to head with Stig's bike. Thing is a friggen masterpiece!
Well considering the Stig got my vote as I know full well what has been done. Duckie, Stig and I regularly email each other and I have some good insight to what's going on under the "hood" so to speak about that bike.

I knew going in that I don't stand a snowballs chance in hell, but I have no problem with that. I know that I have the nicest RC in my neck of the woods so that alone gives me piece of mind...;) and I have some Ohlins forks coming my way, oh ya and a full Akrapovic exhaust too!

I'm in good company good luck to all the contestants.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well considering the Stig got my vote as I know full well what has been done. Duckie, Stig and I regularly email each other and I have some good insight to what's going on under the "hood" so to speak about that bike.

I knew going in that I don't stand a snowballs chance in hell, but I have no problem with that. I know that I have the nicest RC in my neck of the woods so that alone gives me piece of mind...;) and I have some Ohlins forks coming my way, oh ya and a full Akrapovic exhaust too!

I'm in good company good luck to all the contestants.
Your bike is nothing short of amazing nobody.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Thanks for the support so far guys, it's an encouragement to the project that it's getting some healthy votes. Many of the parts on it wouldn't be - without the help of other RC51 owners who have supplied parts, or suggested where to get them. You guys each know who you are.

It was a tough choice - some beautiful machines here but this time my vote went to nobody. It's the bike I'd want if I needed to choose between all except my own here. A beautifully sorted, yet sleathy machine. Stealth is cool. I love coming across bikes like that and sending time checking them out...
Duck's is loaded with special parts and will be something truly amazing when it's finished. Also have a soft spot for DuckJr & RC-Devil's machines. Heck, I like all RC51's - except highly polished bling ones with extended swing arms and rough old botched projects. :D

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Thanks JD :)

Yeah it is only " slightly modified " hehehe.

The tail section is a kind donation for molding from Nobody, the Magical Racing front fender has the same fate and so does the Magical rear hugger... both sent by donation from our resident guru - The Stig.
Thanks gents.
No worries, Mr Duck. As I was replacing them I donated for you & for the better good of the rest of us, so hopefully more can have DH modified MR fenders & huggers in future... It's been a good year for RC51's. More parts now that before and more coming. Not bad for a bike they stopped building around 8 years ago. :cool:
Looking forward to seeing more RC projects developing next year incl. completion (on the road, at least!) of your's too Duck.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Nobody got my vote;) after studying all these beauty's and then slowly scrolling down he has the stoppers the wheels the sinister black and is the only one too stubborn to part with the oem undertail :D

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Thanks guys although I know I won't win, I thank you for those kind words...coming from guys that have some killer modified bikes is truly a compliment. :D

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
No worries, Mr Duck. As I was replacing them I donated for you & for the better good of the rest of us, so hopefully more can have DH modified MR fenders & huggers in future... It's been a good year for RC51's. More parts now that before and more coming. Not bad for a bike they stopped building around 8 years ago. :cool:
Looking forward to seeing more RC projects developing next year incl. completion (on the road, at least!) of your's too Duck.
Fender and sp2 huggers are coming End of Jan- Feb.
Not sure if the bike will see the road this year with recent and upcoming things on the home front, would be nice... but not a priority at this time.
Nobody got my vote;) after studying all these beauty's and then slowly scrolling down he has the stoppers the wheels the sinister black and is the only one too stubborn to part with the oem undertail :D
LOL - I still nag him on that OEM undertail ;) :eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.