RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my pops and I are trying to plan a trip to indy this august for motogp, and figured some others might be planning to attend this as well.

Here's the thread to discuss anything related to this event, hotels, camping, tickets, etc. Also if anyone brings their bike, we could plan a ride or meet up of some sort.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I'll bring my bike....:D

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
You act as if you are getting excited for racing season.:confused::D

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Ill be there from Thurs thru Sun. Bring the 900RR this year though. John.. my buddy Chad with the R1 is coming again too. Look foreward to meeting more listers this year.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Id really like to go this year but depends on the job situation, since Im looking to a new one. I really want to go to Austin, TX. It's pretty much the same distance for me either way.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Ill be there from Thurs thru Sun. Bring the 900RR this year though. John.. my buddy Chad with the R1 is coming again too. Look foreward to meeting more listers this year.
Good, since this artic frost hasn't allowed me to get up Ft Wayne. :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Id really like to go this year but depends on the job situation, since Im looking to a new one. I really want to go to Austin, TX. It's pretty much the same distance for me either way.
You only live once.....:cool:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool man, what accommodations have you got? It seems like camping might be an option?

·
Premium Member
934 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
What? No more water park? Or cold water?? Or water soaked floors??:p

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
What? No more water park? Or cold water?? Or water soaked floors??:p
Ahhhhh....NO This year I took care of the reservations

if it happens again this year Im giving up on the city of Indy and going to Austin next year.:D

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
You should be fine in a downtown property. Had I known in advance where you were staying, I would have given you a resounding, "Hell No" on that place.:D

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
What place are we taking about here, I dont want to stay there! ]
Used to be a Holiday Inn off of 469 on the north side that has a waterpark. Not sure of the name now but it was the hotel from hell last year. Had to ride through the hood just to get downtown. Stay downtown if you can. Nicer hotels and ALOT closer to the downtown activity. I figure we can walk down Fri night and crawl back to the hotel after the bars and ride down Sat. night and close enough not to bring gear so we don't have to carry it or babysit it.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
You should be fine in a downtown property. Had I known in advance where you were staying, I would have given you a resounding, "Hell No" on that place.:D
Now you tell me:p:p

Did get an interesting tour of the MLK bouelvard on the way into downtown last year though. Kind of a cultural tour so to say.;)

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Now you tell me:p:p

Did get an interesting tour of the MLK bouelvard on the way into downtown last year though. Kind of a cultural tour so to say.;)
Best bar b q in Indy off of MLK. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
What place are we taking about here, I dont want to stay there!

Stay at any downtown property, you should be okay. Most were new or rehab'd for the Super Bowl a couple years ago.

There is a Holiday Inn $$, The Conrad$$$$, Hyatt $$$, Marriott $$$, Fairfield Inn $$ Residence Inn $$, Hampton Inn $$

Of course all of them will have rates where you have to buy 3 or 4 days stay.

If you stay further away from the track and festivities, you could avoid this. (Outside Marion County) Look at map quest, it has different hotels too.

One thing is for sure, book sooner than later!:cool:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Careful Mad has the comics hit u n the go looking for their Ulgers lol. Mad I'm trying to figure out how to make it out again. New job has me on the road almost every week :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts