Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the semi-finalists have been chosen, it's now time to chose which bike will be the 2015 Bike Of The Year.

The two finalists are:

rancksta

Mods as follows:
OZ forged aluminum race wheels w/Pirelli Suberbike SC2's
MickeyMoto ultra lightweight rear rotor
Sato CF Banzai exhaust with CF heel guards
Ohlins HO204 rear shock
DK shock link
Sato rearsets
Power Commander IIIUSB
Braketech Axis Ductile Iron full floating rotors
Spiegler stainless front brake lines
Galifer stainless clutch line
Hyperpro steering damper
Brembo 19x20 billet clutch MC
Brembo 19x18 brake MC
Sato Frame Sliders
DHC matte finish snorkel
Carbone Lorrain c60 race pads
Dan Kyle Clip-ons

Scottm

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Wow - never thought I'd end up this far - truly an honor! It's a shame I took this picture just a week before my matching rear brake tech rotor showed up. And I didn't think to include a mods list. So much going on that can't be seen here. Nonetheless - I am humbled to be one of the finalists. Thanks so much. It was truly a labor of love.

Thanks Madbuyer - exactly what I was hoping for. A play on the lonely yellow racing decal :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't see how this is even a contest. Scottm's bike blows the other one right out of the water. Just look at his ohlins fork setup. Enough said. But then look at his front brake setup. very well done. Great taste. I like the yellow brake lines. Nice touch. The other bike is nice but doesn't even come close. Great bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Scottm's are those oz magnesium racing rims or aluminum ? Either way, very very nice. Also what rear sets on there ?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
They are forged Aluminum Kohler and they are Moriwaki rearsets. I have to credit Sbkdrew on at least part of the Ohlins/front brake setup. He had the radial mount brackets reproduced for the FG322 forks to make it possible. Thanks for the compliments :)

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
difficult vote to say the least.

my vote went to Scott's 03, Nick also has a very nice bike but i know it no longer exists in that form and has been long since parted out and put to stock-ish (but at least he kept the bike).

hey Scott, do you have any problems with the buttons on the braketech rotors touching the radial caliper carriers? i have iron Braketechs and the buttons touch so im sticking to the Beringer rotors for now. (I actually have the Braketechs off Rancksta's bike in that pic lol)

bike looks great and i actually like the yellow lines, not something you see everyday (kinda like a "nod" to the old 90's bikes with bright highlighter colors, and looks awesome against 03' scheme). Obviously i like Beringer stuff too, nice to see something besides the boring Brembos.

The only thing that bothers me is the carbon tank pad covers the very top of the wing decal on the tank (small, yes but it would bother the fire out of me)

another solid BOTY contest, this forum is awesome!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
hey Scott, do you have any problems with the buttons on the braketech rotors touching the radial caliper carriers? i have iron Braketechs and the buttons touch so im sticking to the Beringer rotors for now. (I actually have the Braketechs off Rancksta's bike in that pic lol)
Shaan - I don't have any clearance issues on the caliper carriers. The button clearance is DAMN close on the fender mounts though - 1/16" or so.

I paused for a minute on the tank protector as well, but I absolutely love Cleverwolf carbon and their tank protectors so I went ahead with it. They go on all my bikes if available. Good coverage for me - having arms like a T-Rex means I am all over the back of that tank when it comes time to get busy :grin2:

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Running Braketech rotors in stainless on both ends right now as well. No clearance issues with the rotors on the fender mounts or caliper carriers from Andy.

Although the Braketech rear floater interferes with the ISR / Thorsten rear brake and I had to do a little modding there.

Andy's radial brackets fit great with the prototype full floating Akebono rotors as well.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Got to love the RC family hopefully I'll get a chance to visit with the KC folks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
my vote went to Scott's 03, Nick also has a very nice bike but i know it no longer exists in that form and has been long since parted out and put to stock-ish (but at least he kept the bike).
that should be the end of the thread and settle the voting right there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Scott outstanding bike that deserves the win, by a large margin. Looks like I misspoke earlier as the voting is still going on haha, but, I have no doubts yours will pull away.

that should be the end of the thread and settle the voting right there.
Yeah, my bike has changed lots since April, sorry for not letting you or the mods know before they put it in for BOTY, and thanks for your outstanding opinion!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
It's Bike of the Year brother, you won a month in 2015 and should most def be in the running ! Great lookin bike after all that work, transforming her from a Repsol knockoff !

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah, my bike has changed lots since April, sorry for not letting you or the mods know before they put it in for BOTY, and thanks for your outstanding opinion!
well that seems only fair, no?

the other thing that struck me is your's seems to be a track only bike vs scott's being a streeter - that figured a lot in my vote too.

tbh tho i prefer the colour combos on your bike over scott's as it's more subtle.

either way, they're both sweet rides and it would be fun to rip around on either one.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How about we agree to disagree. I do not like to see other members ripping each other on a thread that is meant to be kind of a celebration of our fellow RC51 brethren's efforts.

Please do: Remove all derogatory posts

Enjoy the two entries and congratulate the eventual winner.

I like,as most of you know, banter and joking in good fun but I say we draw the limit before we start looking like "that other forum" most of us avoid because of exchanges like this.

Make your piece and get your delete on.....Kumbaya0:)
i was just thinking that and came back to change some things and see you beat me to it by making the suggestion.

cheers!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
And we start the penultimate lap!
Scottm in the lead as they start into turn one, and here comes Rancksta on the brakes!
Ranksta gets a peek up the inside, but not close enough for an overtake!
They're wringing the throttle out of turn 1!
Side by side, Scottm takes the inside of turn 2, pushes Ranksta a little wide!
Coming up on turn three, Scottm stretches his lead to 2/10'ths!
Will Ranksta be able to overtake thru the chicanes, as he did earlier?!?!
:grin2:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts