RC51 Forums banner

2015 Bike Of The Year Poll Finals

• rancksta

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Scottm

Votes: 18 52.9%
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
It still bothers me that I was too impatient (even though I waited a year) to get the matching rear rotor on before taking that picture so while I was out futzing around in the garage today I snapped a quick pic of how it sits today with it installed.

Attachments

Looks great Scott ! How did you fasten your line to the inside of your swing arm ? I am thinking about using 2 sticky backs with tyraps loosely fastened to the steel line so that the Line can flex but not rub the tire or wheel

They're coming into the last corner, off the throttle, banging down the gearboxes, as Scottm backs it in!
Ranksta tries to slip thru the gap as they battle for position!
Will he get up the inside? It's tight but Ranksta is showing Scottm a wheel!
Oh!, a bit bit of a nudge there as Scottm fights back!
Coming out of the final turn, headed for the start/finish line for the final time and BOTY championship, Scottm is ahead and it looks like...

They're coming into the last corner, off the throttle, banging down the gearboxes, as Scottm backs it in!
Ranksta tries to slip thru the gap as they battle for position!
Will he get up the inside? It's tight but Ranksta is showing Scottm a wheel!
Oh!, a bit bit of a nudge there as Scottm fights back!
Coming out of the final turn, headed for the start/finish line for the final time and BOTY championship, Scottm is ahead and it looks like...
What sucks is I am reading this in my best Jonathan Green voice....:laugh:

Reactions: jondog9
And Scottm does it!
He powers down the last stretch wide open and crosses the line with 2 tenths!
Oh, can you believe it?!?
What an epic battle between two world class bikes!
Great race Gentlemen!
Congrats to Scottm! The 2015 BOTY Champion!
Hell of a good showing from Ranksta, right down to the very end!

Thanks for the votes folks. This certainly had me sweating near the end. Stiff competitor in ranksta's ride for sure. Quite the honor to be judged against the other very worthy bikes and come out ahead in the end. Especially on a single picture without any real details. Huge thank you to the entiretyof the community here.

Commentary was priceless jondog :)

Congrats Scottm, BOTY 2015 winner!

I only just saw this now, so I missed the race, but your's would be the bike I'd have voted for too. The Ohlins front end, the original bodywork and the attention to details + being a full street bike do it for me.

Rancksta's bike is also a worthy runner up. That's also a beautiful machine.

Enjoy riding them both in 2016 guys! :D

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.