RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't hurt to have a rider like Nicky Hayden doing the demo:
https://www.facebook.com/HondaPowersports/videos/1226993497343545/

The US and Europe both get the SP2 ($25k USD) as well as the SP ($20k), but not in Canada AFAIK...:frown2: Not sure if the Euro version SP2 is the same as the US either, Euro supposedly has different pistons, bigger valves and Marchesini wheels.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sooooo much want!!!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Doesn't hurt to have a rider like Nicky Hayden doing the demo:
https://www.facebook.com/HondaPowersports/videos/1226993497343545/

The US and Europe both get the SP2 ($25k USD) as well as the SP ($20k), but not in Canada AFAIK...:frown2: Not sure if the Euro version SP2 is the same as the US either, Euro supposedly has different pistons, bigger valves and Marchesini wheels.
From what I have read, it sounds like the US SP2 will be spec'd out similar to the EU model with the bigger engine components and March wheels. That thing will be in S1000RR territory with ease.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah and cost $50k haha I bet

·
Registered
355 Posts
That's bad ass and I love it. Mid 20's even for a top of line the RR is bananas, maybe I'm showing my age but damn... I understand it's going ohlins and cool ass gadgetry n all but damn... I bought a brand new busa in '01 I believe may have been '02 it was for 12k. Granted it was '01-'02 but busa's were all the craze back then they got top dollar. Only had it for about a year got tired of going straight really really fast then wrestling a whale through the corners.

Mid 20's... damn, certainly a very nice machine... mid 20's? I paid less than that for my GTI, just saying.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
The most exciting "affordable" bike Honda's brought out in a very long time.
Is the rumoured 1,000c V4 sportsbike to come yet though?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm not sure we'll see the much rumored RVF1000 that's been spoken about for quite a few years now. What's the hold up, why not just do it unless their F1 commitment is priority and where the monies going. Hope I'm wrong would seriously consider a re mortgage if it happens.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
I'm not sure we'll see the much rumored RVF1000 that's been spoken about for quite a few years now. What's the hold up, why not just do it unless their F1 commitment is priority and where the monies going. Hope I'm wrong would seriously consider a re mortgage if it happens.
I'd expect the currently declining market confidence with manufacturers and global financial problems becoming compounded might the the reason Honda has SP with new clever electronics, as opposed to a completely new bike.

2015 was a record year for car sales in the UK, but a vast proportion of that was based on loans to purchase. 2016 has been pretty dire by comparison and possibly a truer indication of the state of the market there. It pretty much translates to the same in other developed countries, except China of course - but there can't be much apetite for Honda to introduce an expensive new sportsbike if there aren't many people out there likely to be customers in the current economic climate. That's my guess...

Reactions: Cambo and (MrB)

·
Registered
93 Posts
2015 was a record year for car sales in the UK, but a vast proportion of that was based on loans to purchase.
Are you saying that most cars in the UK are sold without a loan? Here in the states that number is like 96%. I can tell you as a dealer we often times make more on the financing than the actual bike.

But I agree the RVF is probably being mothballed due to declining sales.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sure the SP2 will come to Canada. We're an excellent market for Honda.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Are you saying that most cars in the UK are sold without a loan? Here in the states that number is like 96%.
About the same statistics for UK in 2015. UK new vehicle sales figures are drastically down for 2016, by comparison with the previous year.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'd expect the currently declining market confidence with manufacturers and global financial problems becoming compounded might the the reason Honda has SP with new clever electronics, as opposed to a completely new bike.

2015 was a record year for car sales in the UK, but a vast proportion of that was based on loans to purchase. 2016 has been pretty dire by comparison and possibly a truer indication of the state of the market there. It pretty much translates to the same in other developed countries, except China of course - but there can't be much apetite for Honda to introduce an expensive new sportsbike if there aren't many people out there likely to be customers in the current economic climate. That's my guess...
Similar thing here in the US, 7 years in a row car sales climbed. It was the first time that has happen in decades the second time in history for the US (as far as I know I've been wrong before though) now it's plateaued and I suspect will decline next. I'm not sure about the rest of the world but I feel the US is also in another housing bubble similar to 05/06. That was a disaster for many many people. But here we are again, houses that sold for 40k 5 years ago are going for 95k The 500k+ houses don't seem to affected but everything sub 300k has damn near doubled in the past 5 years. I witnessed it first hand, I sold 2 properties in 05 one I bought in '00 for 50k sold it in '04 for 82k the other I bought in '02 for 80k and sold it in '05 for 120k. I didn't buy again till '09. The house I bought in '09 I paid 47k for the poor lady that got hammered by the bank paid 120k... in '06, now it's worth around 90k. With the addition of my son I'm due for a new house and there's no way I'm buying one right now. If a simpleton like me knows this I'm sure the marketing geniuses at Honda are aware and are gonna stick to what they KNOW will sell and not role the dice on a new model.

Although a V4 Sport bike would be neat to see I just don't see anything risky happening until the economy fully comes back. We had a artificial feeling of recovery towards the tail end of Bush and during the entire Obama administration and I think that drove the car sales and the rising home prices, but things have not gotten any better for the working class and that is who spends the cash. If the majority can't afford to live that's when shit hits the fan. Minimum wage was raised like .15 cents or something ridiculous but that no where near compensates for the increased cost of groceries alone. Are you gonna feed your kids or buy a new car/bike. It's a problem, and look at our candidates for the new President... I think I just depressed myself.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Cheap money is what's helped inflate house prices in the U.S and Europe.

Cheap debt to banks has led to cheap mortgages and people tend to borrow up to their maximum ability to buy the largest and best. It's not that demand is high, it's that the costs of borrowing are low is causing house values to be elevated...If they'd remained the same as 2007 say, you'd be seeing a bloodbath.

Trouble is, all this fractional reserve creation of cheap money has encouraged only more fraud and compounded the problems that got the world into this huge mess in the first place. We're amidst the largest global debt bubble of all time.
It's only a matter of time before the problems of the likes of Lehman come knocking, but much much louder. Not if, but when.

Creation of cheap money and the continued fraud that has been allowed to develop in the stock markets are what's made stocks high in value; corporate profits today aren't based on the traditional drivers of commerce; i.e. high volumes of sales. Instead many are based on mergers & acquisitions and buy backs, made possible by cheap money.

The problem is, the effects of the de-restriction on finances started since the Reagan administration aren't reversible. Central banks (which are privately owned) can't significantly raise interest rates now or in the foreseeable future as that would crash the debts they hold.

Prices of groceries, etc. are up as you say - inflation is a lot higher than officially declared and the middle classes are being financially wiped out - fast. Most young families can't have only one bread winner as they can't make ends meet.

What banks, governments and corporations seemingly refuse to accept is that the very medicine they've administered is destroying their customer base and so profits from sales by most corporations are down since 2007.

Now what? Central banks are not able to lower interest rates significantly any more. For the U.S (& the western world), so there's no ammunition left with which to "boost" markets.

Meanwhile, Russia is now the world's largest oil & gas producer with huge reserves (especially for gas) and they're not accepting the U.S. dollar in exchange for their assets. They are China's largest supplier too. China is the world's fastest growing economy by far. When there's growth wealth worldwide, there's loss in others.

Rather than invest in it's people, health, education, innovation and productivity - as Russia has done since the USSR disbanded and China too, western governments have pandered to the banks and international corporations that control them - to try to damage Russo-Chinese markets.

Syria has always been about creating a pipeline from Saudi Arabia through Israel, Syria and into Turkey so that Russia doesn't have a monopoly of gas supplies to Europe, it's not about the bullshit the government and presstitute media feeds it's people.
Afghanistan will produce record amounts of Opium this year which will find its way to the U.S. to continue to decimate people's lives into oblivion, this as a consequence of the U.S. and allied military actions there to this day.

Russia responded to U.S. and allied sanctions by investing in domestic agriculture and banning genetically modified foods. In 2016 Russia is now a world leader in grain production.

In the west we've had Monsanto be bought out by Bayer to produce the worlds largest modified seed supplier... So the response to Russia's drive to produce natural foods from the west will be more of the same foods that are slowly damaging the health of people in the west.

Now the U.S. is about to elect Hillary Clinton, who panders to the same banks and corporations that got us into this mess in the first place.
We're faced with Trump who was put there only to make Hillary look good, whilst Saunders spoke some truths to gather a following, which was then directed to support Hillary.
That Trump stands a chance of winning only shows how much hatred exists for the plutocratic government and what it represents for people. But electronic voting is easier to manipulate than paper, so ultimately we know where this is going whether we like it or not...

The U.S. isn't the only country in financial dire straits. The U.K government seems determined to drive it's economy into a brick wall by threatening to do a hard Brexit from the EU, driven by a prime minister who has never been elected.

The EU itself is sick and in danger of falling apart from the mess it finds itself in from the troubles created by the very same financial institutions that are in control behind the scenes now. Greece will default, it's a certainty that impossible to fulfil debt repayments that continue to rise will eventually fail and this has a knock-on effect to lender credibility (Such as Deutche Bank - Germany's largest bank).

Japan, albeit a small market for Honda's larger bikes is also depressed and has been at near zero base interest rates for the last 2 decades, whilst also losing 80% of it's productivity since the late 80's bubble.

Today Japan's Yen is typically a safe haven currency when others look risky.
Since the beginning of this year the Yen has strengthened against the dollar by 20%, the £ by 30-40% and the Euro by 30%.

So with all this in mind, do Honda's economists see it's customers worldwide clamoring for an expensive to develop all new bike? I'd hazzard a guess they don't.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Same:
Looking to buy a house, but am going to wait this out a little, prices seem pretty inflated and looks like anther adjustment is on the way.... I wouldn't build a new model now either..

And YES! I would have to get my hands on a new HRC collaboration V4 should one be released..

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you want a beautifully engineered V4 with some of the best electronics and best chassis, don't wait for the unicorn Honda V4 just pick up the 2017 Aprilia RSV4 RF. Even Honda has trouble catching the Aprilia in WSBK! Nothing beats the sound of a roaring V4... riding nirvana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
355 Posts
Cheap money is what's helped inflate house prices in the U.S and Europe.

Cheap debt to banks has led to cheap mortgages and people tend to borrow up to their maximum ability to buy the largest and best. It's not that demand is high, it's that the costs of borrowing are low is causing house values to be elevated.

Meanwhile, Russia is now the world's largest oil & gas producer with huge reserves (especially for gas) and they're not accepting the U.S. dollar in exchange for their assets. They are China's largest supplier too. China is the world's fastest growing economy by far.

Afghanistan will produce record amounts of Opium this year which will find its way to the U.S. to continue to decimate people's lives into oblivion, this as a consequence of the U.S. and allied military actions there to this day.

Russia responded to U.S. and allied sanctions by investing in domestic agriculture and banning genetically modified foods. In 2016 Russia is now a world leader in grain production.

Now the U.S. is about to elect Hillary Clinton, who panders to the same banks and corporations that got us into this mess in the first place.
We're faced with Trump who was put there only to make Hillary look good.
You hit the nail on the head, we want the biggest best newest we can possibly almost afford. That leaves little to no room for job loss, inflation, expanding families you know "life stuff" also you make some great points on other topics. Now you've got me thinking on a global level instead of a local level, I think we as Americans tend to stuck in our mindset of "America the great" and forget about the rest of the world. Don't get me wrong I love America I'm all about national pride and I'm also a part of this problematic mindset myself.

Thing is what can we do about it? As consumers we hold the power, but it would take a level of organization and cooperation as a nation that frankly I don't think we're capable of. I don't have the answer at all but I think about this stuff frequently.

The sugar industry is rampant and NO ONE realizes it's killing our people faster than the demonized tobacco industry. At least big tobacco got forced into less glamorous marketing tactics warning labels etc etc. Sugar is sweet, no one sees the danger and it's in everything now days. Why do you think we're all over weight? That leads to highly inflated medical bills we can't afford (don't get me started on that) then into insurance shams... We're eating ourselves to death and that's why my health insurance as a non smoker healthy 38 year old is 350.00 dollars a month! High fructose corn syrup has been linked to all kinds of developmental issues in children from their brains to their livers and has been proven to cause obesity. Go pick up any baby food or kids "Juice" again it's in everything. Aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer yet we still use it in canning deodorant and cook ware among other things. All three of these are strictly money motivated. So with these three things alone we're hurting our aging population, we're putting ourselves in poor health and we're destroying our youth. For money, for money. Think about that. When I bring this up to my friends they all look at me like I'm crazy. And when I tell them I'm sorry my son can't have that Capri sun that never gets a good reaction from parents. Guess what, their kids are fat and have ADHD. IMO they don't have ADHD they're simply kids. They need a basket ball and some water. Being a parent is tiring, they wear me out that makes me feel like I'm doing a good job. I hope I am, we're brain washed and lazy if it's FDA approved it must be safe.

I had no idea Russia was leading the world in grain and gas production and they're not accepting our dollar as legitimate currency! That's all very interesting. I'm going to look at that.

Afghanistan is whole 'nother topic. Anyone notice when we invaded that country in '01 (Why did we do that again? Oh yeah to get Osama right...?) their heroin export levels plummeted. At the same time in the US the pain pill epidemic started and took off like a wildfire, ran like crazy all the way up to a few years ago. Just so happens those pills were made right here in the USA. So what happened there? Looks to me like the government wanted a bigger piece of the highly lucrative heroin trade. Most people don't realize opiates are synthetic heroin, look at that way and it gets dirty. You could walk into anyone of these "pill mills" with a MRI that didn't even have to show any significant damage and walk out with a prescription that was previously reserved for cancer patients on their death bed in so much pain they couldn't bear to live. Now this guy has a back ache and gets the same stuff, and it's not temporary they want you on it. So there has been a big huff about the "pill mills" people saw what was going on around them and the government had to act. They chose to restrict the amount of opiates Doctors (drug dealers) were allowed to prescribe to quite the public out cry. I had a friend that was getting 300 30mg roxycontin a month. That equates to 60 Vicodin a day, the type of pain killer the dentist gives you after getting a tooth pulled. Holy shit! So they cracked it down and those prescriptions can't get wrote anymore in that volume. Viola Afghanistan is back on the poppy seed scene. Can't tell me that's a coincidence. Everything is corrupt, food, drugs, money all of it.

The top dogs in America keep the rest of us in a kennel with that thought I'm not surprised to see another round if the crooked Clinton's coming our way. I'm not a Trump supporter I am anti Hillary though, I would've liked to see 'ol Bernie get a shot at it. That's all America stuff and now you've got me thinking about Russia and China taking over the world with Kim Jong Un firing a nuke up our Asses. Thanks for that lol. I'm going to take some Mandarin courses...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts