RC51 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My 52 year old body is stiff. I started the season with bilateral frozen shoulders. That prevented me from moving my upper body. I have that fixed now. My legs got beat up quite a bit too each weekend. I have to figure out how to sit heavier on the seat and let my legs relax. Just need to use them to reposition for opposite corners. I learned how to hold my cheek to the side of the seat if I am going to make the same side turn next: So I am not moving around unnecessarily.
My knee took a shit last month and put me down and out with a crazy bout of tendonitis. I have been working out again and gaining strength. At least I am back to normal movement. I went to PT yesterday. I got an exercise program to increase my leg strength. The provider also noted that I am extremely tight in my muscle body. He also included a stretching program for me to do on the daily. I plan on working on this slowly as not to re-injure myself. With a solid commitment to my health, I will be able to compete again next year. And hopefully be better.

I did get bumped up to Expert level for CCS in 2022 because of points. No regional championship, but I was close. Since I will now be riding at the back of the expert CCS pack, I think I may try to travel a bit more and try to do a few AHRMA races since there is a class that our bikes are competitive in. I will have to learn the tracks, but I feel as though now I have enough basics in place that I should be able to go fast once I learn the corners. Not having to concentrate on the basics will give me some mental capacity to learn the track, hit my lines, work on body position, and practice race craft. I will have to see how it pans out. I hope for a couple good results, but who knows.
Now I need to get my exhaust system figured out, get yet another tune, and save money for tires!!

Happy New Year!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Awesome, keep up that fitness program so you can do this as long as possible!

Looking forward to seeing more pics (and maybe a video) from next year!

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 52 year old body is stiff. I started the season with bilateral frozen shoulders. That prevented me from moving my upper body. I have that fixed now. My legs got beat up quite a bit too each weekend. I have to figure out how to sit heavier on the seat and let my legs relax. Just need to use them to reposition for opposite corners. I learned how to hold my cheek to the side of the seat if I am going to make the same side turn next: So I am not moving around unnecessarily.
My knee took a shit last month and put me down and out with a crazy bout of tendonitis. I have been working out again and gaining strength. At least I am back to normal movement. I went to PT yesterday. I got an exercise program to increase my leg strength. The provider also noted that I am extremely tight in my muscle body. He also included a stretching program for me to do on the daily. I plan on working on this slowly as not to re-injure myself. With a solid commitment to my health, I will be able to compete again next year. And hopefully be better.

I did get bumped up to Expert level for CCS in 2022 because of points. No regional championship, but I was close. Since I will now be riding at the back of the expert CCS pack, I think I may try to travel a bit more and try to do a few AHRMA races since there is a class that our bikes are competitive in. I will have to learn the tracks, but I feel as though now I have enough basics in place that I should be able to go fast once I learn the corners. Not having to concentrate on the basics will give me some mental capacity to learn the track, hit my lines, work on body position, and practice race craft. I will have to see how it pans out. I hope for a couple good results, but who knows.
Now I need to get my exhaust system figured out, get yet another tune, and save money for tires!!

Happy New Year!!
Happy New Year! Man, I enjoy your threads.
On my 55th birthday (2 weeks ago), my wife asked me what I wanted. I replied my next goal was to start racing my s1000rr in 2022. I got her support 👍
I remember how physically exhausting it was at first spending all day at the track in 110 deg heat and just being totally present and focused. I’m a physically fit dude and track days definitely wear me out. I will be hittin you up with questions soon😎

·
Registered
7 Posts

Happy New Year!!
So great to see guys out there my age on the track! Happy New Year and Good luck to you in 2022!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts