RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apparently it was so hot out today that my RC couldn't cool down. it got so hot that the puller fans stayed on even when I was going over 100 miles an hour. I'm running engine ice.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I flushed it with three gallons of distilled water and leaned my bike. the heat index was 107 degrees today

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
50/50 mix of distilled water and white vinegar. Fill, run to op temp, let cool and drain. Then repeat. I did this 2 or 3 times when I did mine. Then flushed with distilled water to get the vinegar mix out.

But you may want to check and make sure that the thermostat is working properly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
447 Posts
It always bothered me that the factory "puller" fan negated some of the natural cooling that riding at speed would provide. If the fan turned on while at a light, it would take longer for the temps to come down as I rode. If the fan did not engage, the temps would drop at a faster rate with the fan off. The conversion to "pushers" solved this situation and the temps come down really quickly now.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Guess you'll just have to go faster:eek::D

Are you staying in a lower gear and keeping the RPM's up?

I noticed last week at the track my bike was running 220-224 most of the time, but my RPM's were always above 7k. Pretty normal for the RC to run a little hotter, and I'm sure your location isn't helping much.

I'm just running water/water wetter.

Before I left NC, bike would normally run in the 190's when cruising around.

Good luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It always bothered me that the factory "puller" fan negated some of the natural cooling that riding at speed would provide. If the fan turned on while at a light, it would take longer for the temps to come down as I rode. If the fan did not engage, the temps would drop at a faster rate with the fan off. The conversion to "pushers" solved this situation and the temps come down really quickly now.
Can one switch the leads to reverse the pull to push?

and that's what happened yesterday was 107 degrees. once the temp got up into the two twenties the pullers were working. no problem I find with them is that they engage at 220 and then when you start moving they stay engaged. they don't disengage until you reach 210 degrees. once I got off the new black top they layed down on the expressway out here the temperature decreased a little bit. today wasn't as hot and the bike got up in the 200's but stayed away from 220.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess you'll just have to go faster:eek::D

Are you staying in a lower gear and keeping the RPM's up?

I noticed last week at the track my bike was running 220-224 most of the time, but my RPM's were always above 7k. Pretty normal for the RC to run a little hotter, and I'm sure your location isn't helping much.

I'm just running water/water wetter.

Before I left NC, bike would normally run in the 190's when cruising around.

Good luck.
today wasn't as bad. I do ride fast and I'm trying to keep it out of the higher rpm ranges.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
When I pulled in to Salt Lake City my temp went up too. By the time I got to the hotel she hit the 230 mark. Not sure of the cause??

I have the EI, new hoses and thermostat...it was no 107 but it was hotter than a ten dicked dog in a pound full if bitchez....:eek:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I pulled in to Salt Lake City my temp went up too. By the time I got to the hotel she hit the 230 mark. Not sure of the cause??

I have the EI, new hoses and thermostat...it was no 107 but it was hotter than a ten dicked dog in a pound full if bitchez....:eek:
LMAO! Yea, I don't like my girl getting so hot. It has to be the weather. It's so much fun riding a bike in 100 degree weather that is 220 degrees too...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts