RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3 1/2 Qts of oil is too low on a Vtwin?

Hey guys maybe someone can clarifide this for me when I chenge the oil on my other bikes which are inline 4 I put 3 1/2 qts and when I check the oil level window checks good between lines, but in the RC don't shows nothing and "yes" I have it level only when I till it towards me a bit on the side of the window shows some other thing on the other side one of the clear hose has oil the other is empty I have check the service manual and the other hose is the breather, but is that normal to see the other hose fill with oil. I start the bike and it runs fine..... Thanks in advance for any info

·
Super Moderator
6,483 Posts
The service manual says 3.5 liters with oil change only.
For oil and filter change, 3.9 liters (depending on filter capacity).
After having done mine, that's about right.

While you're changing your oil and filter, be sure and remove the plug on the crankcase vent tank hose and drain that as well. It accumulates over time,

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The service manual says 3.5 liters with oil change only.
For oil and filter change, 3.9 liters (depending on filter capacity).
After having done mine, that's about right.

While you're changing your oil and filter, be sure and remove the plug on the crankcase vent tank hose and drain that as well. It accumulates over time,
I think I will do this hose next time or after my track day, but it`s ok to ride it like that with hose fill? When I change the oil I did change the oil filter also.....I am the second owner and when I was getting it from the previous owner he told me that he did a change of oil but when I went home I could not see any oil that`s why I change it and I put new oil & filter but it seems odd that I could not see any oil on the window when in my other bikes is perfect with 3 1/2 qts ....thanks for you input:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts