RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Living in Australia I have missed a couple (2) of sales of FG322 in the States and Canada.

If someone spots and secures a pair of A1 (perfect) condition Ohlins FG322 on my behalf I'll spot you a $500 spotters fee.

Cheers

Oz

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Too bad you missed a pair on Rogue...$2500 so those with your $500 spotters fee would have been pretty steep.

Good luck with your search.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Those are on their way to me as we speak.:D

I still have feelers out so I may still get a hit at some point.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
i would just convert to the cbr1000rr 08+ forks, seems to be not too much to it

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
i would just convert to the cbr1000rr 08+ forks, seems to be not too much to it

In order to do the convert, just need to swap the triple tree? Sounds easy enough, but why don't more people do it then? Curiosity now peaked.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
check the january 2013 BOTM thread, that guy had done it on his

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezon View Post
CBR1k RR 2008+ Ohlins front forks?
Yes, if you use the stock wheel, you have to change the hole of front bearing from 22mm to 25mm. I use Marchesini wheel, the hole is 25mm, so that it is not necessary, but I have to make orther spacers and use the axle of CBR1000. The axle of CBR is shorter than RC' stock but ok, no problem with it. You can use the stock fender or CBR' fender, it is ok.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
CBR 1K ohlins for the RC51 is rehashed old news. Use the forum SEARCH. What the forum previously said about CBR 1k forks on the RC51..... of which there are many "things" noted.
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5092

And even with the CBR top triple, it is awfully short. From the info and what I've read there is a reason you don't see it being done much at all (BTOM thread is only one I've seen posted).

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
CBR 1K ohlins for the RC51 is rehashed old news. Use the forum SEARCH. What the forum previously said about CBR 1k forks on the RC51..... of which there are many "things" noted.
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5092

And even with the CBR top triple, it is awfully short. From the info and what I've read there is a reason you don't see it being done much at all (BTOM thread is only one I've seen posted).

Thanks for the info and the link for a read. I honestly never paid too much attention to it as it never really interested me.

Sticking to the original plan to have my forks reworked.

Thanks for the quick hip-pocket class.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scott M I hate you!!! It's not easy being green ( envy)

Budget wise? If they were mickey mouse then I could go 2.0-2.5 K with a 500 spotters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts