RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to pick up some 900rr wheels that I can put on a 919. Not a huge fan of the 3 spoke wheels honda put all tons of the CBRs and other models.

The 900rr wheels look MUCH better. Does anyone know if the RC wheel will bolt up to a 919?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
The 900rr front wheel is a 16.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
think the f3 front needs spacers for the calipers to line up correctly with the rotor.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I have been doing some reading about that just now. Seems like some guys put the 900rr wheel on the rear and get a 600F3 wheel for the front. They look very similar.

I think getting 600F3 front and rear wheels would be the best option. Is adding those spacers difficult? Will does it affect performance or handling at all?

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's not a very difficult swap once you get the correct parts collected.
I think the 900RR/600F3 combo is a tad lighter than the stock 9er setup but not enough that you'll see any handling difference

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, maybe that is the best option, since that rear bolts up no problem. They are both 5 spoke. You'd really have to look closely to notice the difference.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
let us know how it turns out....and pics of the 919 are a must. Did you pick it up yet?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do. Have not picked it up yet, hopefully this weekend. I have pictures though, as this is my friend's bike.

He already did the 900rr exhaust swap, so it has one exhaust, bar end mirrors, custom street fighter bars (got rid of the Schwin bicycle bars).

I want to swap the wheels, paint it white, and put the OEM decals back on. And in a perfect world, get like an 08 1000rr tail on it. But that is probably out of reach for me.

Here are some pictures with the RC.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh nice. This all started because I wanted a naked bike and an inline 4 again, much better commuter ride.

I was originally looking at Speed Triples, pretty inexpensive bike to get that single side swingarm. But like usual my 5'7" frame is too short and I really had trouble touching.

I read that the VFR swingarm will bolt up to the 919, but that probably entails more than I want to get into.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Nice, that should be a fun bike. It's fuel injected right? wonder if thats a possible swap for my 900RR.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yessir. I gotta have FI. Had a carbureted bike before, never again.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
You can use a VFR ('91 I think) front wheel in place of the 600F3 too
VFR '91 wheel has solid discs, VFR '93 onward has semi floaters. Check on Google to see images. If doing a conversion with VFR wheels, you'd want the later I suspect.

I'm actually planning on changing out my ('90) VFR front to an SP2 RC51 front in the next few months and would offer my front wheel, but I don't think you'd want it for the way the discs are mounted. 93-97 would obviously be better if you go this route. From looking at them (no measurements taken - but you could compare part numbers on www.ronayers.com to see) the fork bottoms are the same I think - and if so, then '93 wheels can be fitted in place of '91. A bit of research should find more info. Food for thought for your conversion plans. :)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Nice, that should be a fun bike. It's fuel injected right? wonder if thats a possible swap for my 900RR.
Nothing wrong with 900RR carbs, surely. Just use it - they ride nice enough as standard. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts