RC51 Forums banner

A 2005 rc 51 sp2

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  smokingjoe 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Right on Extrapolator personally I feel that RC in that condition with those miles is worth $10,000 because I've been around these since they were 1st introduced so I appreciate what they are & the diminishing availability of clean ones..

He can ask whatever he wants for it but I doubt anyone will pay that.. for example just the other day Greasy Wheel said he'd sell his clean 2005 RC for about half of what that guy in California is asking for his

#7 · (Edited)
So here's another fine example just yesterday this mint 2001 Honda SP1/ RC51 with only 600 miles was for auction on eBay.. up to 28 bids & $9600usd but no sale because the reserve was not met! :surprise:

Honda RC51 | eBay
He passed up $9,600? He passed up $9,600. He passed up $9,600!
For a bone stock (SP1) bike that sat for 10 years.
Fucking incredible!

#8 ·
People forget that upgrades are often very personal. colors, sizes, relocations.. etc. And as such, they often DEVALUE the vehicle. You may have spent 7k, but it was NOT a 7k investment. Two very different statements. Although its a beautiful bike (personally love the wheels).. the only way hes getting 10k is in parting it out. That, in turn.. in my humble opinion, is so much more work.. and so much more time consuming.. is it really worth it, to make an extra 1 thousand dollars?

#9 ·
$10,000 for an RC 51?

So these are the 2 RCs available currently with asking price around $10,000 us.. Coincidentally both are located in California lol.. I can certainly appreciate both of them but for the same price I'd choose the SP2 with all the extras over the mint original SP1 :grin2:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.