RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I have been reading this forum which I only found today. I am just about to purchase a 2000 VTR SP1 which is in great condition and well looked after. It has has a few mods already and looks like everything that I would do has already been done.

I have been dreaming about owning one of these since seeing one in Hong Kong way back in 2004.

If anybody here can recommend any mods that are an absolute must, I would love to here them. Seat tidy, race system, indicators, PC, K&N have already been done that I can easily see. I will find out more when I do a bit of digging after gettimg the bike.

Great site and looking forward to reading more. :D

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Welcome! Are you a native Scott? My Dads parents immigrated from Scottland. MacKenzie clan on my Grandma's side and MacGregor/Walker on my Grandpa's side.

Anyway, enjoy the forum. Slainte!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Are you a native Scott? My Dads parents immigrated from Scottland. MacKenzie clan on my Grandma's side and MacGregor/Walker on my Grandpa's side.

Anyway, enjoy the forum. Slainte!
Hi and thanks for the warm welcome...

No I am not a native Scot I'm Afraid. I have lived in Scotland for about 15 years but was born and raised in England. My parents however came to the UK way back when for a better life and through hard work and gile they got it.

Scotland is however a dream place to live if only it would stop raining...there is a raging storm outside of my window as I type!!! I often wish I could move to somewhere like california!! Mind you when it is nice here it is amazing and biking is like heaven with twisty pine tree lined roads that go on for miles and miles with few police :)

All I need now is to ship my new bike up here from 500 miles away.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello and welcome to forum.
If you need info for the Rc51 this is the place to find it.
Looks like you have got some of the main mods done like the Power Commander and Exhaust, would also look at Pair and flapper mod.
Love Scotland its a masive contrast to the flat farm land of Norfolk and Cambridgeshire of England.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
welcome to the forum, there are plenty of threads on mods for you to check out. i'm sure you'll find the information you're looking for there, if not there are plenty of people with good experience here who will help you out and make suggestions.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
If you haven't already found Rouge Mods Page, it's an excellent source for seeing some of the things to do or not to do to your RC. It hasn't been updated for probably 5 or more years, so keep that in mind. But LOTS of solid info.

http://www.rc51.org/mod.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts