RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
I got online 20 mins. ago to check messages from The Stig & found out that it's his wedding anniversary today !!

I just got off the 'phone with him to congratulate him personally & he was kind enough to pick up. He & his family are still at a restaurant that they liked going to, when they used to live in Tokyo.

It's 2245 hrs. in Japan & I would like you to join me in wishing Miguel & his wonderful wife many, many years of a very prosperous & blissful wedded life !
Amen.

Congrats, once again to a great guy & soul !!
All My Best Wishes & Prayers,
Atif.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Congrats Miguel. May you both have many many more years of happiness together.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Happy Anniversary Stig Family, may you enjoy many more years!

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Atif! That was a huge surprise to hear your voice last night!! :) What a kind & fun thought, to call and personally wish my wife & I a happy anniversary.

Usually we go away somewhere for the night with the kids, but this time as my mum's over visiting for 3 months we had a proper date. Before we got married 8 years ago we used to go to a great restaurant in Tokyo whose manager & assistant we got to know well. Then about 6 years ago the restaurant closed down & soon after we moved to the countryside, some 200 km away and we haven't lived in Tokyo since. Those 2 guys had opened their own bistro in Tokyo, so we decided to go there last night and catch up.

They still remembered so much about us, such as that we don't eat meat, like fresh baked bread and a good bottle of white wine. We too remembered things about them and was good to hear they were both now married. Asahara San (The ex manager) cooked a fantastic & beautifully presented gourmet meal for us and they chose the best bottle of wine we've had in a while.

Afterwards we went back to the small beach in Tokyo we had our first walk together on. We had a lovely & memorable night.

I have a couple of pics on my phone, so will upload. Thanks all for your kind wishes & to Atif for the surprise & starting this thread!

Man, the stuff that happens on this forum blows me away sometimes. :) :D

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Awesome pictures buddy, congrats again. I threw a text at ya but it was late :)

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Happy Anniversary Stig and Wifey......is there another kid coming soon?:eek::D

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Thanks for the kind wishes, all.

Nah, our little guy is such a challenge he's convinced her she doesn't want any more kids! Some years ago before we had kids she told me she wanted a very cute & naughty little guy... Well, that dream came true! :eek: :) :D

He hid my iphone so well, recently - I never found it again. Or the other day he hid a piece of a car's suspension so I couldn't re-assemble it (but fortunately found a spare!). He'll get better. He's not even 2 years old yet. :D

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Thanks for the kind wishes, all.

Nah, our little guy is such a challenge he's convinced her she doesn't want any more kids! Some years ago before we had kids she told me she wanted a very cute & naughty little guy... Well, that dream came true! :eek: :) :D

He hid my iphone so well, recently - I never found it again. Or the other day he hid a piece of a car's suspension so I couldn't re-assemble it (but fortunately found a spare!). He'll get better. He's not even 2 years old yet. :D
"Better"? ... you've heard of the Terrible Two's, right?! :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
I think he's already there... :D

Not that bad. He's just super inquisitive. I need to make it fun for him to pick up my tools & stuff. Just not power tools! :eek:
He loves getting into cars and turning knobs, wiper arms, indicators, etc. A few weeks ago when camping he managed to pull the toll collection card from it's machine and when it was time to return home we couldn't find it.... After taking the dashboard apart, DVD player, etc. I thought of checking inside the driver's door. That's where he'd hidden it. He's good at concealing stuff, that's for sure!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I think he's already there... :D
And then there are later years: While my dad was at work one day, when I was 7 or 8, I took all his circular saw blades out in the yard and threw them like throwing stars at tree trunks all afternoon with my friend.

And then he got me a BB gun. And I decided it was super cool to shoot BB's into the soft cooling fins of our air conditioner's outside unit. THOOMP! They'd stick right in there. Really neat-o.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts