1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Yes I have one. It's hugger for an SP2 and is a gorgeous piece of carbon-fiber at a very nice price.
Very easy to install.
The photos do not do it justice. It's much better looking than that.
It was patterned after the CBR600R hugger that some adapted to the SP2.
However Tyga designed the hugger to properly conform to the swingarm SP2 dimensions.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats all i needed to hear thanks im in for one soon

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
What's it like for protection against crud getting flung on the underside of the tail?

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
It doesn't cover the chain, so in that regard not at all.
It's not very large, so its effectiveness is not as good as huggers that surround more of the tire.
It mainly helps prevent crud from getting flung to the upper shock body.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Thanks Subsailor; that confirms what I thought - no criticism of Tyga's products (Their top Yoke's on my bike).
I did consider their hugger, but figured the MR one was better for reasons of protection from crud: Turns out the MR does still allow the left silencer & underside of the number plate to get a bit of chain lube flung onto it, but otherwise gives fairly good protection.
Tyga's will only offer the minimal protection described by Subsailor above.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Maybe our friends at Tyga will read this and remedy that small short coming by preparing a chain guard that can be used with the hugger....;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im Happy. :D

Let us know also when the info is found if the rear sets will work. Actually I will go check them out. I saw a set on a guys bike from Speed. They look good and he claimed his bike was a SP1.
Thanks Jason

·
Registered
50 Posts
The rearsets should work just fine. I simply don't have an SP1 to confirm with (well, I do have access to one - but turns out there's an SP2 swinger on it and a few other mods).

If you buy them and they don't fit, I'll of course refund your purchase/accept a return.

Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yea the bike I was speaking of has a SP2 swinger. Nice looking pieces. I apologize I was thinking there was question on here somewhere that someone was wondering if they would work. They seem to work fine on his.

[URL="[/URL]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts