RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a 04 NH back in early 2014 and sold it about 1.5 years after buying it to make room in the garage. Ever since then, I always regretted letting it go. I picked up my SP1 race bike last June and have been enjoying it on the track. While searching FB marketplace, I saw this 04 NH located 40 minutes from me. It’s missing the decals, and the red portion of the gas tank has been repainted (slightly darker shade). All the plastics are original and the seller is the original owner. He paid cash for it and watched as the dealer uncrated and prepped the bike for him In late 2003/early 2004. We struck a deal two days ago after I drove over to check it out. With the exception of some minor modifications, the bike is stock and looks better in person than pictures. It even has an all original, uncut rear tray/fender with all stock turn signals. I’ll be picking it up this coming week and will be a ”winter” restoration project.

Jared

·
Registered
2003 Honda RC-51
15 Posts
It looks so weird without the decals! Grats though, been searching for NH now for a while. Nothing under 10k now a days :*(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up mine a month ago. 2003 with 16000 miles. All original plastic with the exception of the stupid fender eliminator.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Hard to tell from the photos, but is the signature on the tank? The decals are mostly available, with the exception of one of the woodpeckers (from Honda, left side I believe). The tank is the biggie, that signature is the key ingredient. But looks like there isn't anything available until into mid January (from Honda).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hard to tell from the photos, but is the signature on the tank? The decals are mostly available, with the exception of one of the woodpeckers (from Honda, left side I believe). The tank is the biggie, that signature is the key ingredient. But looks like there isn't anything available until into mid January (from Honda).
The tank does still have the signature on it. The red on the tank was painted a wrong shade. All the paint work will be fixed and fresh decals applied.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Be careful, that signature is delicate...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts