RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my RC51 and bought a Ducati, and these levers arrived in the mail after the sale.

Red/Black adjustable levers from Adjustablelevers.com, with etched Honda logo on the front.

$65 shipped CONUS.

Brand new Honda RC51 maintenance manual, never opened and still in the plastic wrap. $40 shipped CONUS

paypal + 3%

775 two one nine 7918

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM replied and additional photos have been sent...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sale pending on the levers, the manual is still available.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can't ask people to pay your PayPal seller's fees, it's against their ToS.
He can do whatever he wants. It's his stuff. If you don't want to pay the fees, use another method of payment. If one method costs him more, why shouldn't he adjust and pass the cost on to the consumer? It's common business practice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good enough. You pay his fees for him and pad his sale even more. But that's a cost the seller is supposed to eat when they use PayPal. If he wants to cover the fees, he should adjust his selling price accordingly. But he can't say "you pay my fees."

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's not padding the sale if the buyers choice to use PayPal costs him 3% more than other methods, such as cash, money order, etc. In these very difficult economic times, more merchants are passing through fees like this on to the consumer. Look at Gunbroker, many Craigslist ads whatever. The use of a credit card as your payment method costs the merchant money every month. In my shop, it's anywhere from 1.7% for debit cards to as much as 3.25% for some rewards or skymiles cards. Cash costs me nothing. Personal checks even cost 1.5%. As a business owner, I have to pass those costs on along with all the other costs if I wish to remain profitable.

The choice of payment method is yours as a consumer. But cash is still King.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't think he needs a business plan to sell parts on internet classifieds.

And I don't think "these very difficult economic times" have much bearing on him selling parts for a bike he doesn't have anymore.

Like I said, PayPal's terms of service state that the seller has to pay it.

8.1 Fees Overview. Fees are based on whether you are making a Purchase Payment, a Personal Payment or a PayPal Business Payment. Some fees are expressed as a percentage of the payment amount. All Fees are in U.S. Dollars unless otherwise stated.

a. For Purchase Payments, the recipient of the payment will always pay the Fee.

·
Registered
20 Posts
FYI im pretty sure you can send paypal as a gift and neither parties have to pay a fee. Thats what I do unless i buy straight from ebay.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Exactly. I'm aware of that as well. But then you have no buyer protection and can't file a claim if your item never shows up.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
He can price his items anyway that he likes. If you don't like it, move along. There was no point to your posting in his thread as you are obviously not buying.

He didn't say "you pay my fees" he said "paypal +3%". That is him adjusting his price for a different payment method. Would you still have the same complaint if he said "$40 cash for the manual, or $41.20 paypal"? Next time I post something for sale, I'll be sure and include all the different prices for the different payment methods and currencies.

If you are such a stickler for rules, then I'm sure that you have always reported all of your sales and purchases to the local tax office too. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I don't see what the problem is here. I've paid the paypal fees more time then not or I've send it as a gift. Its something I try to work in to the deal, ie I'll pay the fees if you cover shipping kind of thing.
Its all on the seller and buyer, if they dont agree its between them.

Let's not forget what this thread is for, he still has a service manual up for sale.

Warren (trogdor)
Thanks for a good deal on a new never mounted set of levers.

James

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't think he needs a business plan to sell parts on internet classifieds.

And I don't think "these very difficult economic times" have much bearing on him selling parts for a bike he doesn't have anymore.

Like I said, PayPal's terms of service state that the seller has to pay it.
Not sure what you do for a living, but the economy is effecting pretty much everyone. I'm sure the OP is no different unless he is a repo man or a bankruptcy attorney.
Also, the ToS says nothing about the recovery of fees or adjustments in price to recoup them being prohibited. It merely specifies whose account the fees will be debited from.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Wow...its funny how a guy just wants to sell some levers and it turns into a retail business 101 course......kind of reminds me of what is going on in Washington right now.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow...its funny how a guy just wants to sell some levers and it turns into a retail business 101 course......kind of reminds me of what is going on in Washington right now.....:rolleyes:
The drooling idiots in the District of Criminals could use a course in business and a few on ethics. Maybe we wouldn't be in this mess now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Levers have been sent priority mail this morning, tracked and insured. Thanks James!

·
Registered
29 Posts
no whats funny is some tool that is not even buying the levers is trying to tell people how to do things...

i agree.. you want to buy something .. if theseller wants to say "plus fees" then you decide if you wanna pay ...

would be no difference if he said "3% handeling fee"

would that make you feel better crarrs? lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts