RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All if any of you are hording an aftermarket high mount header that you want to get rid of i am looking for one. I was in touch with Simon a while back but he only supplies the whole package. I have Scorpion high mount exhausts that i have repacked. I like the sound of it so not looking to change the whole unit just need the headers. Holler....

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I'd assume no responses are because there is no such thing as a high mount header.

There are slip on exhaust systems for the RC51 and full systems.

Most all exhaust systems for the RC51 are slip on systems which use the stock header. These systems have high mount and low mount options (even a few mid mount ones too). It's the mid pipes that determine the mount position of the cans.

The full systems are more rare and tend to be low mount such as Akrapovic, though something like the LBP full system high mount is a custom rare item that was made to be similar to the works HRC exhaust.

And then there are many different diameter pipes used in these systems, so one often can't use a midpipe from one company with an exhaust can from another company. Always cross check inlet pipe and midpipe diameters when mixing and matching.

I don't think Scorpion ever made a full system for the RC51. Read up on the net.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd assume no responses are because there is no such thing as a high mount header.

There are slip on exhaust systems for the RC51 and full systems.

Most all exhaust systems for the RC51 are slip on systems which use the stock header. These systems have high mount and low mount options (even a few mid mount ones too). It's the mid pipes that determine the mount position of the cans.

The full systems are more rare and tend to be low mount such as Akrapovic, though something like the LBP full system high mount is a custom rare item that was made to be similar to the works HRC exhaust.

And then there are many different diameter pipes used in these systems, so one often can't use a midpipe from one company with an exhaust can from another company. Always cross check inlet pipe and midpipe diameters when mixing and matching.

I don't think Scorpion ever made a full system for the RC51. Read up on the net.
Thanks man! i guess i should have been more specific. I have Scorpion high mounts that are in great condition since i repacked and replaced the carbon sleeves. I love the Ladybird headers but cant afford the whole system so in case any one has one lemme know. As far as the inlet differential goes i can take care of that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts