RC51 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to put my track bike back on the street.
Been looking for fairings for RC51's. Not finding much in the USA. What are the ones from Auctmarts.com?
I'm leaning towards doing a Castrol/Colin Edwards replica. I've restored many many motorcycles over the past 40 years or so. Getting the fairings to fit is not really an issue if they are quality pieces.
Has anyone used these plastics?
Opinions?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm going to put my track bike back on the street.
Been looking for fairings for RC51's. Not finding much in the USA. What are the ones from Auctmarts.com?
I'm leaning towards doing a Castrol/Colin Edwards replica. I've restored many many motorcycles over the past 40 years or so. Getting the fairings to fit is not really an issue if they are quality pieces.
Has anyone used these plastics?
Opinions?
I have only seen a few used on RC51's... the same thing for each one, add heat shield on the lower fairings, and be ready to reposition the upper fairing headlight mounts. A friend of mine used aftermarket fairings from FastFairings for his CBR600RR and said the fit was pretty good. I called them, because I was thinking about doing the same for my RC51. Their site doesn't show them, but they said they do carry them, and will paint to your need. They do cost a little more, but generally, you get what you pay for. I decided to just piece together the parts, and ended up with some pretty good condition pieces for about the same price that I would have paid for an aftermarket fairing kit.

Mo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts