RC51 Forums banner

Aftermarket Rear Sets

4K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  weyrauchrc51 
#1 ·
Looking to buy a different set of rear sets to replace my stock ones. Color is not really a big deal but would prefer black..... I think. Let me know what you have. Thanks!

#5 ·
Yeah, those are nice. I prefer the design on the Sato's to both of them though. They look like more refined versions of the Moriwaki's. I never really liked the rearsets that used a pivot to move the foot position like the Cycle Cat's.

The only problem is availability. I think Moriwaki still makes their set, but I'm not sure they have a US distributor. And the cycle cats are about as rare as dinosaur farts.

#7 ·
I very much agree. Very nice looking, but some things to consider.

I had a set of pivot design rearsets at one time. What looked great on paper didn't work very well in real life. Never doing that again. And I'd hate to lose 3 months waiting for replacement parts for the Cycle cats, which is the build time mentioned here before.

And then there is the issue of the Mori's being disco'd. Can't get spare parts. Bad news if one has a little get-off. And the RC51 has been known to rattle parts off the bike :rolleyes:. Almost lost a few rearset parts that way myself. Now on a garage or living room queen, nice.

#8 ·
Hate to burst your bubble but I've had direct contact with the distributor about replacement Mori parts. I have an email with a PDF parts breakdown of their rearsets, I contacted them before I purchased mine to ensure the availability of parts. As for the Cycle Cats wingnutt doesn't seem to have any issues with his.

My bike is no garage queen and I don't treat it as such...

#10 · (Edited)
Little touchy it seems. If Mori parts available then that is good info. Though not made very well known on the forum till now. Seems the rearsets are available new still as well. Obviously if parts are fully available, then rearsets are too.

Just giving my experience with pivot rearsets. A single reference to another user shouldn't automatically negate my opinion. People can take it for whatever they want.

#13 ·
Geez Guys. I was merely looking for a new set of aftermarket rears... Yes Mori's, Sato and Cycle Cats are all amazing, but I am by no means partial to one or the other. I want a set of all. I was just hoping that someone might want to unload a set of them. Please keep me informed! Thanks!

#17 ·
Yes sorry dude for junking up your thread...

Uh...:confused:

James and Nobody both have sets for sale.
I did...

I was thinking Nobody's were sold on ebay as I had already contacted him about them!
Sorry dude I have a deal with a forum member on a trade...I just haven't marked them sold.

You should grab the Tech G's for the interim they have good reviews and the seller is a stand up guy, he won't steer you wrong. Guaranteed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#19 ·
My fault, thought Nobody still had the Tyga's still for sale.

I know James' set is black, like you originally wanted.

Hope you find something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.