RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its comin to that time of year again when all the servicing equipment gets purchased. my current air filters are only 8 months old and have only done between 1-2K miles. is it worth replacing them or are they good for another 12 months?

p.s i kept the mesh on them

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Yep they're junk, you better get new ones and send me these :D

They should be still good. Do you ride a lot at night where bugs get caked inside them or in sandy areas?

I live near the coast and 90% of our roads have a degree of wind blown sand on them.

Take them out, look at them, blow them out with compressed air.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
No, I think he only wants the bugs and sand. ;)
No thanks I we have more than enough:rolleyes:

Sorry about my other post, my ADD was kicking in. But yes, they should be still good. If they have any debris in them, just blow them out with compressed air and reinstall.

James

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
No thanks I we have more than enough:rolleyes:

Sorry about my other post, my ADD was kicking in. But yes, they should be still good. If they have any debris in them, just blow them out with compressed air and reinstall.

James
Using a quiet compressor, of course.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I would NEVER use compressed air to blow out any airfilter.
This is rule number one from the old-school mechanics.
Feel free to disagree, but ever since I was a kid, I've been told by professional and ammature mechanics to not do that. Especially with any filter that uses a paper or fiber element.
You can gently bump the filter to shake loose dirt and particles to get you thru a little longer, just don't distort the shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts