RC51 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have to bare with me I am trying to remove the air box one of the (maybe two) Velocity stack screws are stripped...I gather if you pull both stacks the box comes out so i can change plugs etc??? This thing is driving me crazy...Help!!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Would it be one of the ones at the rear, or that one tucked up front that you have to get to with a long phillips through the access hole?
Why they used such soft metal and not something hardened I'll never know.
I'm still dealing with mine, which are not wanting to come out.
They damn sure didn't make it easy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i found a quarter inch socket with a six inch extension and a swivel adapter with a Phillips bit works good for this screw

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure about your space isues, but I tell you what I do with no space isues and you can Aply it. I just hit the top of the screw driver with a hammer a few times. The shock will transfer though the treads and make it much easier to remove. Don't feel bad enough people have done this someone is making aftermaket Honda velosity stack srcews with hex heads. Just wish I remembered who.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Not sure about your space isues, but I tell you what I do with no space isues and you can Aply it. I just hit the top of the screw driver with a hammer a few times. The shock will transfer though the treads and make it much easier to remove. Don't feel bad enough people have done this someone is making aftermaket Honda velosity stack srcews with hex heads. Just wish I remembered who.
Try Pro Bolt. www.probolt-usa.com They've got a huge assortment in different metals.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Yeah no airbox removal is needed to change plugs.
Only to lift the fuel tank (VERY carefully to not pinch wiring).
On the SP1's you have move the oil cooler to get to the front plug, but only need to remove the front air guide on the SP2's as they have a re-positioned oil cooler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.