RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all I hope someone can help me with my rhs link pipe question..
So I purchased a full akra exhaust and I'm more than happy with it but the rhs link pipe is just not right...
As you can see in the pic's the spring hook is on the top of the link pipe but needs to be at the bottom and when fitted the pipe is jacked way to high compared the the lhs..The header pipes had sp2 inserts but from what I have heard the link pipes are the same on sp1 and sp2 but I could be wrong,I have a good 10mm clearance between the swing arm and mufflers..
So calling all akra experts to name that part..:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
That's because that's either not a genuine Akra right side mid pipe or it's been adapted from another system

I have one of these systems and my right side mid looks nothing like that, Id contact whomever you got the system from to get some background info on the exhaust

Another right side midpipe can be had from AKRAPOVIC for about $300 new

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
That is definitely an Akrapovic system mid pipe. There are a few different variations and the full systems are way different then the slip ons. Can you send a picture with the link pipe set up the right way so we can see how it is sitting? A lot of times these systems take A LOT of tweaking and moving around to fit even close to the right way. My full akra sytem on my Aprilia took me awhile to get right.....for awhile i thought i got the wrong system.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Its hard to tell from the pictures, but looking at each side and the exhaust brackets/ Ohlins adjuster, it looks like the right side is sitting about an inch lower then the left side. When the right side link pipe is set in right how much higher is it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh I tried the link pipe in almost every position and were it is now is the best and i had to add the one inch lowering bracket to get it in the ball park...For all I know it may be from a Aprilla, The lower spring hook being on the wrong side is a dead giveaway that it's not part of this system..

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
That's what i am saying though. If you look at that diagram i included the link pipe looks identical. I don't have a solution without actually being there to see it, but i am fairly certain that link pipe is correct for the SP2 system. Take a look at that diagram, do the headers etc look the same?

After looking at it a bit more.....that almost looks like a left side link.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
these are akra mids for sure, taken from a known fitting bike.

you can see how your right mid is different, yours has a different shape and exit angle on the right side. are your cans sitting in an even position?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a new link pipe coming thanks to Simon so will put them side by side and post some pic's

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
cool, thanks for the update.....now seeing it compared to the one that fits, it was way off. Wonder what it was off of?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts