RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a small alarm on my rc a few weeks ago. In the area I am at I normally keep it in storage. But I am rebuilding the engine on my car, and while it was down I am keeping it at the house quite a bit more, as well as at work all day. And unfortunately I work in a not so nice neighborhood. So I grabbed a cheap alarm and installed it. But unfortunately I couldn't complete the whole installation. I wired the lights for flashing, the constant 12v, the acc circuit, ground, the shock sensor is built into the alarm computer. The few wires I cannot locate is:

Starter Wire Trigger - For Remote Start (not really necessary but might be nice)

Down Flameout Ignition Generator (I did find this wire up front, but I was wondering if anyone knows where it is or if it even is near the ecu area so I don't have to run wires all the way to the front and back.)

Up Flameout Ignition Switch (I also found this up front, but again, I don't want to have to run wires between up front and the rear. Also there is a gps tracker and silent alarm that was already installed up front.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welll, at the time I was in the middle of cooking it :)

But here is the diagram. Sorry about the quality, it is pretty crappy to begin with. Let me know if its not good enough I can scan it in at 600. But this is 300, I kinda doubt it gets much better than this. 300 is quite a lot for a document.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
This diagram is not very helpful actually.
The way it names the wires doesn't help much.
However I think I've got a clue.....gotta ask though

Is this alarm model specific? Is this harness for the 2003 RC51?

Could you state make and model of the alarm?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No its not model specific. Just for a motorcycle. Besides that its pretty generic....but I mean you can pretty much tell that from the diagram. I was running through an install with a 900rr, but it ended up being different on the signal wire. And I found the starter kill, flamout and kill switch ignition up front. But I would rather not run wires all the way to the front of the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Ok, here's how I would connect them to my bike.

Starter Wire Trigger - For Remote Start : splice the Yellow/Red wire on the starter relay coupling (the one with the 30A fuse on it) and attach it with some soldering paste. Don't cut the Yellow/Red wire though.

Then go to the Bank Angle Sensor's Relay. There's a Red/Orange wire. You cut it an inch away from the relay's coupling and you solder

Gray Down Flameout Ignition Generator: on the half that goes to the coupling
Pink Up Flameout Ignition Switch: on the half that goes towards the harness (eventually to the Bank Angle Sensor)

Before cutting this wire I would make a dummy extension of the relay's wires and test the connections through that to make sure it works fine.

Please don't use this piece of shit anywhere on your connections

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol I never use butt connectors, twist connectors, or especially those connectors. I have been wiring for years. I solder, shrink wrap, and always use shielded wire. Then normally put plastic conduit style covers wrapped with electrical tape. And I'll look through all that tomorrow. Sounds like it could work perfectly! Thanks for the help. I'll let ya know how it goes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am wondering instead of the bank angle sensor wiring it in to the kickstand sensor. Thats at least how a lot of others are saying to wire it in. I doubt I have any issues with the bike ever being over far enough to activate the bank angle sensor. But I don't want to start the bike with remote start unless the kick stand is down. Or either the neutral safety switch or what not....I will do some looking around and see!

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
lol I never use butt connectors, twist connectors, or especially those connectors. I have been wiring for years. I solder, shrink wrap, and always use shielded wire. Then normally put plastic conduit style covers wrapped with electrical tape.
That's great to hear, but I couldn't know......since those butt connectors are a nasty habbit for most people due to their easy application. Sorry if downgraded your skills.

I am wondering instead of the bank angle sensor wiring it in to the kickstand sensor. Thats at least how a lot of others are saying to wire it in. I doubt I have any issues with the bike ever being over far enough to activate the bank angle sensor. But I don't want to start the bike with remote start unless the kick stand is down. Or either the neutral safety switch or what not....I will do some looking around and see!
I wouldn't mess with signals feeding directly the ECM such as the kick stand switch, clutch switch etc.
With the bank angle sensor even if something goes wrong, you replace the sensor or it's relay. Much more manageable damage than damaging the ECM.

Don't forget that cheap alarm systems are not that much of a quality on it's circuit board's parts.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Posting on the forum while eating dinner? :eek::eek:
I work for a European company, but apparently their work habits didn't translate to America.
Here it's the daily life of the Roman galley slave.
Nose to the grindstone lest you waste a nanosecond of company time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts