RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I commented in another thread about hearing a racquet in my front wheel, and feeling feedback in my handlebars. I suspected the All Balls wheel bearings I just installed last summer.
The hub wasn't getting hot tho. But when I removed the calipers and spun the wheel, you could hear dry ball bearing spinning inside.
Today I took them out, and replaced them with Honda bearings and seals.

This is what I found on the left side. :mad:
The inside seal let go.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Should have been printed right on the seals. I know Honda and other companies will say 20x10x40 or whatever metric measurement they have, but the bearings themselves usually will have 6205-2RS or another universal stock number printed on them.

Was wondering because i can snag a set from the bearing distributor next time I am there. the NSK or other high quality bnearings in a similar size are usually well less than $10 each. Normally the only semi expensive one is on the rear drive side... The larger one.

<edit> The only reason i see going to Honda is for the seals, and even then if I can get the standard stock number, I wouldn't even do that.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike, I have my original bearings, the earlier ones that I took out when I installed the AllBalls. I'll take a look this afternoon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts