RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my 2002 sp-2 about a month ago, it only had 4000 miles and was in great cosmetic shape. It came with a few minor add-ons but nothing too grand.
i tore her down and cleaned her up pretty good, bought the yoshimura rs-3s and a power commander and installed between yesterday and today. i am very pleased with my beauty, but is there anything else i should add???

2002 rc51:
air flapper mod
zero gravity double bubble
proton flush mounts
hotbodies undertail
carbon fiber heal guards
brand new tires front and back
ceramic coated, wrapped, and silicone sprayed headers
HID headlights
yoshimura cans
power commander III USB

i was thinking about slowly adding steel braided brake lines, new rotors all around, maybe going up one tooth on the rear, and new brake and clutch levers (CRG shorty levers). anyone else have any input???

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
i bought my 2002 sp-2 about a month ago, it only had 4000 miles and was in great cosmetic shape. It came with a few minor add-ons but nothing too grand.
i tore her down and cleaned her up pretty good, bought the yoshimura rs-3s and a power commander and installed between yesterday and today. i am very pleased with my beauty, but is there anything else i should add???

2002 rc51:
air flapper mod
zero gravity double bubble
proton flush mounts
hotbodies undertail
carbon fiber heal guards
brand new tires front and back
ceramic coated, wrapped, and silicone sprayed headers
HID headlights
yoshimura cans
power commander III USB

i was thinking about slowly adding steel braided brake lines, new rotors all around, maybe going up one tooth on the rear, and new brake and clutch levers (CRG shorty levers). anyone else have any input???
Do you really only have 4 fingers?:D I have the CRG shorty's, love them, they just feel better. I also have the Galfer SS brake lines front and rear. Took a little getting used to cause they proved to be radically better than the rubber lines I was used to. IMO, a must-do upgrade. My next favorite upgrade is adjustable rearsets. Nice to dial in just the right rider position. My 2 cents worth...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol! No I have all 10 fingers, the shock and links sound interesting, but I think I'm gonna stick with the smaller parts and less expensive ones. Levers and brake lines sound about right. And here's a pic of the headers and the exhaust, I'll post more pics of the bike re-dressed this evening. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm running the Galfer ss braided lines and front wave rotors. A definite improvement over O.E.M. I would recommend the upgrade.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
What do you guys suggest for shorty levers? I found a store on eBay that does adjustable levers for 60 a pair, dragon something???
I got my CRG's pretty much full price. $199. Love them. I got em just before I saw the same levers you're talking about. Had I not already bought the crg's, I would have bought those and try them out. The close-ups look pretty good. Looks like good machine work, as long as the alloys they're made of is good and they fit right. The ones I'm thinking of were advertised as a top banner ad on this site??

·
Registered
56 Posts
What do you guys suggest for shorty levers? I found a store on eBay that does adjustable levers for 60 a pair, dragon something???
Dont know if you got some levers yet, but I just picked up some Titax levers on ebay, $50 for the set. Never heard of them before I bought them but they're great quality and fit, and look just like crgs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts