RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've put together an aluminum bearing/captive spacer kit for the rear and the front to fit the RC51.

The rear kit includes a new OEM cush hub bearing and the two (2) alum. inserts that go with it along with the right side spacer. Kinda like improving the design of the current spacer and integrating it into the bearing so it doesn't fall off everytime you go to put your rear wheel back on. With USPS Priority mail to the lower 48 states it would be $80.

The front kit is just the same as OEM but made out of aluminum instead of steel. With shipping, both left and right spacers are $25 shipped CONUS.

These are all clear anodized now.

If interested, please e/m me at [email protected] or PM me and I'll hook you up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Down to (1) front set and (1) rear set left for now.
Looking at making another batch if there is enough interest.
I have more bearings on order.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another round perhaps.....

Any interest for more of these, front or rear?
Post up or PM me please.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depends on the wheels but mostly these are for OEM swap.
The left side spacer for the rear is a captive spacer into the cush drive.
Everything else is the same as OEM.
Would depend on bearing spacing on your wheels.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What does captive spacer means?

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Will these work for aftermarket wheels drew? I'm really interested and I'm also running an underslung rear kit.
What are you not interested in ??? LOL !!!
I am interested as well !!! As I have two set of wheels now SP1 & SP2

Shoot me a PM for a full set F & R shipped to Canada of course !! I'll take some.
You need 2 arms, two legs and your pecker:eek: to hold it all together on the rear while installing a wheel !!! Drives me nuts !!!! LOL !!!

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Captive spacers are spacers that are held captive in the wheel...do they don't fall out during wheel changes.
Yes that is correct, the cush hub side spacer of this kit is the captive spacer.
You have to press out the OEM bearing and its inserts and then either re-use the existing bearing and press the aluminum spacers into it or get a new bearing.
I have one new hub bearing right now.

Regardless, trying to get a feel for interest in having more of these made possibly. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What are you not interested in ??? LOL !!!
I am interested as well !!! As I have two set of wheels now SP1 & SP2

Shoot me a PM for a full set F & R shipped to Canada of course !! I'll take some.
You need 2 arms, two legs and your pecker:eek: to hold it all together on the rear while installing a wheel !!! Drives me nuts !!!! LOL !!!
No problem, PM me your address and I'll let you know the cost.
I'm also looking into the cost to hard anodize the parts but that should only affect the price marginally if I have enough parts done in a batch. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, considered that awhile back but didn't think people would want to swap out all the bearings front and rear. Was just thinking about the rear wheel I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I would be interested in 2 orders just for the rear. Let me know how much. Mike
As of now I only have 1 new OEM bearing and 3 sets of the inserts that go into the bearing which make up the captive part of the rear kit. Essentially the hub side of the rear wheel. These 3 sets are .001" under diameter where they press into the bearing ID but you can use Loctite to hold them in.
I don't have the right side rear spacers to complete the rear kit. A complete rear kit with new OEM bearing is $75 shipped CONUS.
If you wanted the new OEM bearing and the two inserts I have, it would be $60 shipped. The bearings are $25 new.
If I get enough interest, say maybe for 6 kits, I could get some more made.
Since they are such simple parts it makes more sense to make a number of them at a time. :cool:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts