RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started seeing threads on my back tire, so I picked up a Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 190/55-17 and 120/70-17 Tire Set from STG for $260. Found a local shop to install them for $140. Great deal, great work, but of course during the install they find several things that need fix'in. I knew some maintenance was going to be needed!
Fork seals are leaking, need new brake pads, rear sprocket is very worn, new chain is in order as well. Love this bike so time to pony up. Kids don't need to go to college right?

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
Have fun, the modding never stops! :D

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I'd find a different shop....my tire shop mounts and balances for a whopping $20/ wheel.

Ride safe.:cool:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
^ Agreed.

That's definitely on the high side of the spectrum for tire installation; probably came as a penalty since the rubber wasn't purchased at their shop (some shops are notorious for this with some even refusing to install tires purchased "elsewhere" - which is fine as a business model from their point of view, afterall they are not a charity).

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
For less than $140 you can get the tools to fit your own tires. Another $100 or so and you can balance your own wheels. Maybe the kids can go to college too after all... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts