RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my battery and stored my SP-2 for the winter months. On one of our nice days, I decided to take her for a ride and put the battery back in. I mistakenly crossed the terminals (neg-pos, pos-neg) and turned on the key. Nothing happened, and I quickly realized they were reversed. I then put the terminals to normal and the bike wouldn't start. I also tried to use my quick start function on my battery charger to no avail (properly configured).

Fast forward to today, and I have a brand new Shorai battery. I tried installing it properly this time. The bike does nothing. I check the kill switch, and replaced the main fuse. Still nothing. It acts as if the kill switch is in the off position. I am going to check my new battery as soon as my kid takes his nap.

Does any of you wizards of RC 51 have any other ideas I can troubleshoot. I really don't think I fried the ECU as the main fuse was not blown. Thanks and sorry for the bone headed move. Please help!

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
Which fuse did you check, the one in the fuse holder on top of the battery, or the one mounted in the starter relay?
The fuse in the plastic holder clipped to the battery cover is for the ECU.
The actual main fuse is the one in the starter relay, just in front of the regulator/rectifier. Both 30A.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which fuse did you check, the one in the fuse holder on top of the battery, or the one mounted in the starter relay?
The fuse in the plastic holder clipped to the battery cover is for the ECU.
The actual main fuse is the one in the starter relay, just in front of the regulator/rectifier. Both 30A.
Thanx for the response. It was the main fuse indeed. I have the owners manual and followed the wiring diagram before your response. Thank you. She's running perfect now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts