RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I am doing another ride at Berryessa.
This Sunday, meet at the Chevron at Hwy 128 and I-505.
At 12:00 pm high noon!

I hope to see some RC51 brethren :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
If I can make it out there sunday Ill be there! I havent gone on a ride that long on the RC since ive got it. Kinda wanted to wait til I got my suspension tuned to hit the twisties haha :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are you trying to make us jealous?

Raining and 45 up here in the NW:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts

Try 9 degrees and a fresh 8" of snow with more on the way with a deep freeze coming on Sunday:rolleyes::D

There, now your 45 and rain looks like a picnic.:p

btw....jd9, blow me.:D

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

No. ;)

But I didn't just stumble into this locale. After working in the oil patch in the early and mid 80's in the plains of eastern Montana and North Dakota, I can assure you - there is no colder winter ANYWHERE in the lower 48.
When I met and married my second wife (of 17 years), even tho she didn't want to come here, I moved our family to Northern CA.
Specifically for the weather and recreation.

So if you don't like your weather, you can do what I did - - -

MOVE

:p

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing that's nice about Berryessa is the low elevation. The highways stay pretty clear and clean. Except after rainstorms. Then, obviously, you have to be on the lookout for wet, sand, and such.
But yeah, there's plenty of road out there, like stretches of 128 and 121, that are like non-stop chicane. Your bike is never straight up except when transitioning to the next turn.

The Blue circle is where it's convenient for me to meet, but can meet other places too if need be.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To give you an idea, Last weekend we got off from the meeting point at about 1:00pm. The sun was still shining when I got home, and I think I clocked about 200 miles total.
So about 3 hours, and the actual loop is around 100 miles.
Give or take ...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Cool!! I should have me and at least one other person. Ill post up tomorrow before the end of the day to let you know ill be there for sure or not!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TayRC51 - What part of Sac are you leaving from? I use 65 in Roseville to get to I80 west. Do you want to meet somewhere before Winters?

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I wish we had riding weather here on the right coast.

Have a good ride gents, ride safe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
We do Bro! It just hasn't officially arrived! :roll eyes: Anything above 57 degrees around here is Ride Weather to me for the weekends, and any day without rain is a ride day to and from work for me! :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
No. ;)

But I didn't just stumble into this locale. After working in the oil patch in the early and mid 80's in the plains of eastern Montana and North Dakota, I can assure you - there is no colder winter ANYWHERE in the lower 48.
When I met and married my second wife (of 17 years), even tho she didn't want to come here, I moved our family to Northern CA.
Specifically for the weather and recreation.

So if you don't like your weather, you can do what I did - - -

MOVE

:p
Got out for a ride today. I couldn't move to Ca. Im allergic to stupidity:eek:

oh you thought i meant a bike:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And another great ride, to start the new year off right!
We meet another RC51 coming the opposite way as us. He gave us the thumbs up, which I would have returned if I recognized it in time. He just passed when it clicked in my brain, "Hey, that was another RC51"!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts