RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an American import RC the speedometer can toggle between mph and kmh, but the odometer only reads in miles.

My question is I know the Speedohealer comes default in mph if purchased for the USA the one I have was bought from a board member from the US so by assumption the unit is set for mph as the default unit of measure.

I was thinking that I would have to setup the Speedohealer in a conversion mode from mph to kmh, but wouldn't it make sense that if the speedometer can toggle back and forth from kmh to mph if I set up in mph I could just switch to kmh and the reading would still be corrected?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Yes, its true the speedohealer can toggle between mph and kmh. However your gauges must stay on either mph or kmh. If you change from mph to kmh on the gauges the speedohealer will still keep its value you imputed so it would read false.

Leave your guages on mph and if you need to switch do it on the healer. Hope this all makes sense.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, its true the speedohealer can toggle between mph and kmh. However your gauges must stay on either mph or kmh. If you change from mph to kmh on the gauges the speedohealer will still keep its value you imputed so it would read false.

Leave your guages on mph and if you need to switch do it on the healer. Hope this all makes sense.

Ok that is what I was thought thanks Andrew.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Andrew I'm going to ask you since you seem to be the one that knows.

I have the value I need to set in mph which is -7.7% the instructions say to program +60.9% (1.609) multiplier on top of the value I need.

So would the value be +68.6% that I would need to input?

Also if left in mph on the gauges the Speedohealer will correct at the gauges if I want kmh correct? Meaning if I choose the conversion to kmh I will not need to change to kmh at the gauges correct?

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Andrew I'm going to ask you since you seem to be the one that knows.

I have the value I need to set in mph which is -7.7% the instructions say to program +60.9% (1.609) multiplier on top of the value I need.

So would the value be +68.6% that I would need to input?
I don't understand this at all. If you need -7.7 that is what should be programmed into the healer. There should be a sequence you do to allow the speedohealer to automatically adjust from mph to kmh. I'm not sure as I have never done it. Mainly because I don't want my odometer to read high.

The guages must stay in either mph or kmh and selection must be made on the healer only.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't understand this at all. If you need -7.7 that is what should be programmed into the healer. There should be a sequence you do to allow the speedohealer to automatically adjust from mph to kmh. I'm not sure as I have never done it. Mainly because I don't want my odometer to read high.

The guages must stay in either mph or kmh and selection must be made on the healer only.

Yes that what you would think but the instructions are convoluted when it gets to the paragraph about kmh/mph conversions?...:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts