RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Am now a proud SP2 owner. Was previously on a Buell XB12ss.

If any Buell owners in here need any tech info or want to share a build, come and check out Buellers Downunder. Plenty of good info there and I still float around there as the forum accommodates many other bikes as well. Cheers.

http://www.buellersdownunder.com/

Here's a pic of my old XB.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Does that giant rotor/brake work good?
I rode with someone who had a Buell, for an exhaust tone that's incredibly close to a Harley - which I hate the sound of - I actually liked the Buell's sound.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
It had no problem lifting the rear wheel off the ground.

I tested that theory when some jackass in a Hummer H2 felt his time was more valuable than my life as he pulled in front of me at an intersection.
Fortunately, I was able to modulate the front brake to allow the rear tire to kiss the ground to keep the bike stable and stop in time.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I rode with someone who had a Buell, for an exhaust tone that's incredibly close to a Harley - which I hate the sound of - I actually liked the Buell's sound.
I almost bought a 2006 1125R, i was sold after the test ride. that front rotor stops WAYYYYY better than i thought it would lol. bike had sooo much torque for such a light weight front end. was a fantastic bike to ride around for a bit. Then i bought the RC haha :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The front brake surprised the hell out of me. It stops on a dime and looks pretty cool too. They run an 8 piston caliper.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Never owned my own but spend plenty of time wrenching on my sister's 2000 S3T. Just put a new air filter housing on it tonight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts