RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may purchase a bike in that area and the shipper says it will take two weeks to pick it up. i wonder if a member would be willing to pick it up and store it tell the shipper arrived

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Chief, try Nobody.... He is a great guy and he is in Van city.
I would do it for ya but I would have to do the ferry there and back as I am on V Island.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I would do it no worries...just have to make room or worst case keep it at either sisters/brothers place.

Your call pm me with details.

Lawrence

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the repy guys! Ill let ya know how it turns out!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
There may be others if that's what you want.

The RR came with flatslide carbs. Finicky on the street. FI only for me now.

Although a clean 1992 fireblade would be the shiz. Ultra rare as US got it in 1993. Awesome colours too.

I originally thought you maybe bought the 2004 nicky hayden RC51 that was for sale in Surrey.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
well my deal fell through guys but thanks Nobody! this friggin close to having a zx7rr in the garage...

No worries...sorry your deal fell through. That's too bad my buddy had one, pretty much the only Kwak I've ever considered owning. Pretty tall gearing for the street though.

My favourite part of the bike...the rear tail section.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya know all about the flatsides. Was gonna restore it to stock and throw it in the front room... Im really only interested in the limited number superbike specials. Kawasakis always had a special place in my heart. See user name... Only hondas id ever be interested in owning are the rc30,45,51.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
No worries...sorry your deal fell through. That's too bad my buddy had one, pretty much the only Kwak I've ever considered owning. Pretty tall gearing for the street though.

My favourite part of the bike...the rear tail section.
I owned one, a true RR. Flat slides are a PITA !!! VERY tall gearing too, more so then the RC....IMO. My buddy has it now and is finishing it up now as his Street fighter.

Ya know all about the flatsides. Was gonna restore it to stock and throw it in the front room... Im really only interested in the limited number superbike specials. Kawasakis always had a special place in my heart. See user name... Only hondas id ever be interested in owning are the rc30,45,51.

I still love the old KWAKS LOL, a restored race version would be awesome to see, so rare.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your buddy is turning a rr into a street fighter??? Say it isnt so!

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
When I 1st bought it I picked it up as a salvaged wreck. I spent 3 years getting all the correct parts,fairing's head light assy, front stay, rebuild the flat slide carbs with jetting and a dyno tune. I then had to have it inspected and had to as far as to locate a stock rear under tail as per mc reg. and reflectors just so it would pass. It did, I rode it for 6 years, put it down 3 times.....2 lowsides and a high side.
My buddy does not want to spend big money on it, so yea, he street fighter'd the thing when he bought it off me after I got my RC, this was 7 years ago. He is still working on it:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
The RR came with flatside carbs. Finicky on the street.
Had flat slide carbs on a couple bikes, and they could be very 'sticky' in their operation. A dose of Injectrkleen (Bardahl product) about every 4th tank of fuel solved it. Used it for about 8 years, glitch free:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts