RC51 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I'm in Sacramento. Haven't looked for a club yet, just getting my RC all done and ready to ride. If you find something, let us know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Have not seen any yet. I live in Elk Grove.
Maybe the Four of us could be the beginning nucleus, seeing as how we have access to the best roads California has to offer.
Since it's been a heavy snow fall year, I could be late May, until we can get into the Sierra Nevada passes this year.
That means Hwy 36, Skaggs Springs/Stewarts Point Rd, Berryessa, Clear Lake Area and maybe Mines Rd. from Livermore to San Jose rides are about it, for now.
I like 2-300 mile outings so the above list is to be considered with that in mind. Sorry but I'm not a pub crawler.
See ya

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
My schedule is pretty flexible these next couple days. And if there's a 3-4 hour window of weather, (supposed to be), I'm ready to go to Auburn, Salmon Falls, Forrest hill, or somewhere close. PM me if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Definitely some great roads at this end of the State. I'm over in Lakeport (the west side of Clearlake). I love those roads over in the Sierras. When the weather turns warm and sand is pushed off the roads post up and PM.

Rick

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I will for sure. Sierra's have it all. One of my favorites used to be wentworth springs road. But livestock can be an issue and sometimes i.e. weekends, law enforcement patrols heavy. But there are plenty of other really good twisteis, canyons, and sweepers all over here. Just a couple more months...

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Well, I'm not into formal clubs, but my idea is to contact everyone in this particular thread from time to time and see what rides we can meet for. Springtime can be tough for planning due to weather, but as the weather stabilaizes, maybe we can plan some rides. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah send me a pm if you want to set something up. I hang out with a local club called SCR which is Sacramento crotch rockets. Very cool group of people with alot of knowledge about riding and bikes and generally really chill. Www.sacramentocrotchrockets.com every make is welcome and everyone is welcome.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Cool Trakjunky. Do you ride mostly track? Just curious what local areas you ride aside from track. I've got a few go-to rides that are stellar! From Folsom to Salmon Falls, Auburn Canyon, and up around Forrest Hill, are a few I know. Where else in our area do you guys ride?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just started riding street again a few months ago. I plan on making it out to the track sometime this year. I ride mx mostly. I just like being at the race track. Hence my name. Doesn't denote that's all I do. Let me know when you want to ride and I'll try and make it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, I havent been on here in a while and see there are a few guys floating around semi local. I just been riding to work the past few weeks but havent gone on any rides yet still getting used to it. I think I have 200 miles on this bike since I got it and so far so good.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Wow, I havent been on here in a while and see there are a few guys floating around semi local. I just been riding to work the past few weeks but havent gone on any rides yet still getting used to it. I think I have 200 miles on this bike since I got it and so far so good.
Thats good to hear. I been doing the same thing. Sonce this bike is new to me, been getting all the kinks worked out. Cant ride this weekend but shud be back up by next week. I'm single and ride all the time. Anyone here can throw up a post to ride and good chance i can go, if interested...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would be interested for sure, I try and ride to work all week and want to start doing rides on one day over the weekend. Im not married either but I have my boy on the weekends but I could get away for a Sunday ride every now and then.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would also be interested. Not married and college is in summer session so I have lots of free time. Looking to go on some rides.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Sonds good you guys, i shud have my bike running again next wed. Im self employed, so normally work during the day, but sometimes get off pretty early. I'll post again next mid week n see if we can get a ride going.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I've heard good things about this ride. Hwy 36. Up by redbluff? Anyway, Saturday morning, Aug 6th, is when we are planning a ride. We means my 2 R1 buddies. I sure would like some RC51 representation. Nelson? Thor? Shonuff? Lowbowtie? RC51RedRider? Nick? Don?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts