RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been here on and off the last few years. I will be here for sure another year. I have spotted 3 other Rc51 out here but i am never on my bike or in a position to catch them. Rc or no Rc is there anyone in South Korea that wants to ride???

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
How are the roads there? Pretty decent?

I know when I was in Jinhae a long time age, it was like the wild west.
No stop signs, traffic lights, or lane indication.
Everybody hauled a$$. Any side of the road was game to drive on.
At night, when you came up to an intersection (without ever slowing down) you turned off your headlights to check for oncoming cars. Always a pucker moment to keep you awake.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
we used to pull the "turn your lights off move" when hauling ass on gravel roads as kids. Im lucky to still be alive

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The roads are great. It is the drivers or better yet the damn scooter drivers to watch out for. I was in the bike lane side if you will and i had to put a boot in to one of them. Needless to say, he went off the scooter into a back of a car. It was either that or damage my RC. F*ck the ckicken man.... They just whip in between anything fast... I have been lucky so far... No Ipod over here... I do love the freedom of averaging triple digits though.. Everything is a sugestion.... I wish i had a couple decent riders to role with... Another thing i was told was that rc are not legal in korea do to the power and ability to ride over 300KMPH..I was told that USFK can ride because we are registered through the military....Dont really care but it is nice to be the different guy........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Camp Humphreys

I have a 2004 RC and thought I was the only RC51 rider in this country until I saw a guy riding I think a blue RC51 up at TDC area. There's another RC51 rider here at Humphreys, he's got a 2003. Really like my RC, thinking about getting another as a "spare"! I didn't like the 2005 black color but now I'm starting to like it. What amazes me the most is how bad the RC51 resale value is, it's unbelievable, not hard to get one for under 5K.

I didn't know about the 300km limit but thought it weird that (to my knowledge) they never sold RC51's here or in Japan. I get a lot of interest from the Koreans because of that bewitching sound of an RC with Banzais!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts