RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody removed the oem intake grill/grate? Years ago, it was one of my first mods on my 2000 bike after I saw the race spec RC51. It doesn't seem that many are doing this. Any reasons? The price is right. :) The bike looks better without the grill imo.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
+1 I did remove it when I went with a turn one mk2 intake snorkle. IMO looks better without, the air filters are still there in the air box doing there job too, so no harm in it.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
What about small children and birds getting suck up in the intake?... ;)
LMAO , too funny

Well I have not had a bird sucked up in there.... I was pulling out of Mill Bay just on the other side of the Malahat here, and hit the top of 3 gear going up hill and this little wee sparrow came darting out I tried to duck out of the way but ended up hit it with the left side of my helmet. My friend behind saw the whole thing....feathers going this way and that like a little puff. Well... I pulled over and my buddy just pointed and laughed..... The birds left wing was stuck in the crease between my visor and helmet shell. I thought for sure the lil bastard was going through my visor. I got lucky:D...him not so much:(.
No damage done but it was scary enough.....:eek:

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
LMAO , too funny

Well I have not had a bird sucked up in there.... I was pulling out of Mill Bay just on the other side of the Malahat here, and hit the top of 3 gear going up hill and this little wee sparrow came darting out I tried to duck out of the way but ended up hit it with the left side of my helmet. My friend behind saw the whole thing....feathers going this way and that like a little puff. Well... I pulled over and my buddy just pointed and laughed..... The birds left wing was stuck in the crease between my visor and helmet shell. I thought for sure the lil bastard was going through my visor. I got lucky:D...him not so much:(.
No damage done but it was scary enough.....:eek:
Rolling on the floor laughing here!!! Poof! I love it. :p

They have been warned....:D
I wonder if that can be read when the bike is moving a hundred miles an hour :confused:
Hahaha :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts