RC51 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I seem to be running into a brick wall here. I need to find a map for my PCIII usb for my Jardine 2-1 system. There is nothing on the Power Commander website for any 2-1 system. I can't be the only guy running a 2-1, can I? Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also run 2-1 system, a custom akropovic, but I don't have a good map. My plan is to take the bike for a real custom map, I'm not sure when I will have time for that though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know a custom map is the best way to go, but I would think as this Jardine system was a mass produced system that there would be someplace to find a map for it. If I had the cash I would definitley go get a custom map, but as that is not ppossible right now, I am just looking for a downloadable map.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I have the same system. what kind of trouble is it giving you? please post what you figure out. Maybe Jardine USA has some info

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not giving me much trouble. Some popping on decel and an occasional backfire. I have an email into Jardine and am waiting for a response.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There's a local guy in Seattle on PNWRiders forum that does mobile dyno tuning. Pretty reasonable rates if I remember correctly...that's my eventual plan.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Watskooo, do you have a name for the guy? I am not on PNW Riders. Either way thanks for the info. It seems that there is nobody running a 2-1 setup that has a downloaded map. Kinda wierd, but whatever works I guess. So now I am going to be searching out the most affordable dyno tune I can find.

·
Registered
170 Posts
M114 maps are for SP2 and M105 maps are for SP1. (Usually.) I also have a couple other 2-1 maps that may be worth trying, PM me if you're interested.

Edit: Wasn't paying attention earlier and forgot this was the SP1 section. I have some SP2 maps, but if you're looking for SP1 maps you can always try the Dynojet PC3-SP1 Maps or the archived Dynojet User Maps.

Durbahn USA also has both SP1 and SP2 maps.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey everybody, so I just finished messing with the powercommander. It was not as easy as I thought it would be. but I finally figured out how to get at least one map on. I couldn't get the power commander to recognize the durbahn maps. The were a .map file and the power commander wanted .djm files. So I got a map from a guy on here, I am not sure of his screen name, but his name is Joel, and it seems great. No fluffiness on the low revs and a tremendously picked up midrange. It now wants to pick up the front wheel on 3/4 throttle in the first two gears. It is an amazing turnaround. So for now I am going to go with this map. Thanks Joel.

·
Registered
170 Posts
To open a .map file in the PC3USB software, choose the "File->Import .MAP File" option. You can then save it as a djm map and maximize the resolution to every 250 RPM if you want.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have the Durbahn airbox, and have tried that map. However I don't think the bike runs very well with it. I'm not sure if it is just imagination or even if the map is for a sp1or sp2.
It's your imagination and that map is for an SP1.

Hey everybody, so I just finished messing with the powercommander. It was not as easy as I thought it would be. but I finally figured out how to get at least one map on. I couldn't get the power commander to recognize the durbahn maps. The were a .map file and the power commander wanted .djm files. So I got a map from a guy on here, I am not sure of his screen name, but his name is Joel, and it seems great. No fluffiness on the low revs and a tremendously picked up midrange. It now wants to pick up the front wheel on 3/4 throttle in the first two gears. It is an amazing turnaround. So for now I am going to go with this map. Thanks Joel.
Because the .map files are for the pc3r and the .djm files are for the pc3usb. Use the conversion process above and you'll be fine. or better yet go get it tuned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
still loking for Jardine 2-1 map

I'm running the Durbahn map on my 2000 rc51 and seems to do ok. I would like to try the Jardine 2-1 you have that says it will pick up the front wheel. Whats the chance you still have it and can Email me a copy? [email protected] Thanks Justin.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the same system. what kind of trouble is it giving you? please post what you figure out. Maybe Jardine USA has some info
did you ever get a map for your jardine 2 into 1? i cant find it on their site either?
thanks,
Kebo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts