RC51 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Americas that is....
Kinda pushing for Seahawks being that this is home for us, but honestly doesn't matter either way.

I'll still get up and put my pants on the left foot first in the morning.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If you were Bruce Dickinson, once your pants are on you'd make gold records. :)

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
BLASPHEMY!!!! Gotta watch is at least for the good commercials. Living in the NW i'm just ready for it to be over so all the bandwagon, 12th man blah blah nonsense is gone.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
BLASPHEMY!!!! Gotta watch is at least for the good commercials. Living in the NW i'm just ready for it to be over so all the bandwagon, 12th man blah blah nonsense is gone.
ha ha...gotta sell those $1,400 tickets somehow.

I don't watch the pre game bs of which there is now 8 hours of coverage:rolleyes:

Hopefully its a good game and not over by half time.

Peyton gets ring #2.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, so we are watching the Superbowl now...

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
In a word, no. I've never cared for football or pretty much any athletic sport.
Same here.....and for the last 2 years I even lost my interest for MotoGP.

I mean, I will watch the race if I come across it but I won't reschedule or cancel anything in order to watch it.

Football, basketball and all of those things are long dead gone to me since 2004.

I don't know about USA, but here in Greece are SO planned and fixed that I feel brain rape watching any game. Just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Anything that involves chasing balls and going crazy over them has always done nothing for me.

I could never see the point in getting excited over chasing a ball, so at school was one of the last to be picked for any team... Didn't help that although I could run faster than most of the other guys I had no interest in learning how to hit the ball accurately. Whether it it's soccer, tennis, basketball, golf or baseball - my eyes glaze up. :D

Not one to watch most sports (Or TV!), but I do like Moto GP. That's the only sport I watch. If only they'd had a race track & mini-motos at school, sports games would have been SO much different !!! :p

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love going to the game here, more so soccer.
Go Sounders!!!
I will route for my home team though.
Glad football season is over. I always look forward to no more post about it on facebook.
That, and it means riding season is just about back to full swing!!!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But I'm a big fan of motorcycle racing.
I'm sure people get tired of me posting up during racing season!
Come to think of it, I don't care what they think.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
We have it on the TVR, mainly just watching the commercials and half time show. FF through most of the game.

I don't really get all the hype around the game or the sport. I'm with Sub on this one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
That pretty much sums up my views on sports.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Same here.....and for the last 2 years I even lost my interest for MotoGP.

I mean, I will watch the race if I come across it but I won't reschedule or cancel anything in order to watch it.

Football, basketball and all of those things are long dead gone to me since 2004.

I don't know about USA, but here in Greece are SO planned and fixed that I feel brain rape watching any game. Just my $0.02
Anything that involves chasing balls and going crazy over them has always done nothing for me.
Wow, I am right in this group like a dirty old shoe.... sports are NOT my fetish by any means. LOL. Motorsports ? Now we are talking. :)

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Once I found the magic of engines at a young age, it was no turning back.
When I got my first bicycle, I used to put playing cards in the spokes.
Then one Christmas, my folks bought be a Mattel "Sound of Power" which attached to the frame and had batteries that made the bike sound like a motorcycle.
That planted a seed which never left.

Football, baseball, basketball, etc. Borrrrring!
Always been a gearhead since a young age.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have no interest in any pro sport involving a ball being chased. Those sports have no true consequence for loss, failure or mistakes. To risk life and limb in pursuit of victory on track is what I call passion and skill and true dedication. Having the skill to survive a race season and Winning an Isle of man TT, World superbike title, Motogp Championship or even a F1 Championship is reason to cry and feel something at the end of the season. Not no damn Superbowl. Play the Superbowl or any football game in an empty stadium with no fans. It would be pretty boring and quiet.
Take the fans out of any Race and still just the sound of engines flat out down the straight then downshifting through the gears as they approach a turn... OMGosh!!! Now that's Soul Stirring and hair raising by itself!!!

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
:D About 11 years ago they had the World Cup Soccer tournament in Japan.
Customers would ask me about it and what it was like to live where it's all happening....
"It causes traffic", was my usual reply. :p
The day the final took place, I was at home doing some cleaning without even knowing what was going on. Suddenly I heard what seemed like the entire neigbourhood roar & cheer.... Ah, that was the end of the last game, I said to myself and giggled that I hadn't even known the wold cup final was on.

...Then at last - life returned to normal. :)

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
I'm not big into professional sports, but I can see why it is fun to watch. The last couple games have been interesting to watch, the 49ers/seahawks game was a bit of nail biter. The same kind of suspense that comes with watching a race and not knowing who will win.

Usually the superbowl is kind of a non-event for me. This year was different as it was the second time that the Seahawks have gone to the superbowl in my lifetime (or ever for that matter). Being from Seattle, I had to watch. For anyone that doesn't know, Seattle has a horrible record with professional sports championships, or professional sports in general. So it is a pretty big deal to even have a chance at a championship.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sorry to see that I appear to be the only person here who enjoys most sports.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
ha ha...gotta sell those $1,400 tickets somehow.

I don't watch the pre game bs of which there is now 8 hours of coverage:rolleyes:

Hopefully its a good game and not over by half time.

Peyton gets ring #2.:cool:
Hehe, didn't last near that long. And no ring either. Manning wanted to throw in the towel early, but it was intercepted.
Bwahahahahaha

Typically why I don't watch the S/B anymore, game usually sucks. But this year at least one team showed up, even if it wasnt't the one most expected.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts