RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies fellas, I figured as much. But hell, two for the price of one oem, im all in...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Really,great place to save a buck why would 5 dollars matter on a lubrication system that determines engine life :rolleyes:
Besides compared to magical racing mirrors you can get fifteen sets of emgo's.
Btw the k&n 203 ? is $12.50 @ Ducati Mpls and has a 17 mm hex for proper torqe and also has a safeteywire hole !!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...cant...tell....if sarcasm....:rolleyes:but hell if the k&m's are three bucks cheaper, by that logic im at least a small percentile better off with the emgos....:D

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
OEM filters have a properly spec'd bypass spring if required and higher quality components like stamped caps, silicone seals, fine filter media with ample pleating & length for flow & filtration to maintain the engine in a manner consistent with the designers requirements.

Honda OEM filter

Aftermarket filters are made with cheap components like this FRAM filter with glued cardboard endcaps on a course filter media that is not only shorter, but has less pleats as well. In my experiences I have seen more than one crappy aftermarket filter come apart and clog cam journals starving a top end for oil

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idk, bout that.. I am talking air filters/cleaners here. Closest dealer asked for some 35 bucks, cheapest ive found locally is around 28.....

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
My bad I assumed we were talking about oil filters.

I would definitely not be using any other brand of air filter in the RC51 either as we have proven years ago that K&N filters actually hurt performance versus the OEM air filters.

The airbox is basically a musical instrument tuned to a specific resonance to aid in reducing turbulence inside the box which helps to atomize fuel properly as it enters the cylinders. Screwing around with that on any production bike made in the last 20 years usually proves to be an exercise in futility at least where stock engines are concerned.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Except for Nobody, I think we all thought he meant oil filters. idk.
Yea, apologies on the confusion folks. Was hoping someone, knew exactly what they were when they saw the link and ran with them at some point. Im putting my steed back together and its missing all types of small bits, these emgos just make the check out a bit smaller, I hate to run aftermarket parts internally but im a po boy for now ....ive ordered them and should be here soon....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts