RC51 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes, I have changed more than 50 sets with mine. I've have 5~6 bikes at any given time since 2013. Got tired of paying $50 each for mount and balance (SF Bay Area prices). I bought the Harbor Freight stand, with the Motorcycle adapter, under $100 as I waited until they were on sale. I bought the wunder bar (I think) and the same guy sells some delrin or nylon inserts for the Harbor Freight stand so they don't scratch your wheels. Then I bought the Marc Parnes balancer and I was good to go. I already had plenty of tools and an air compressor. A bit of an investment, but the last straw was when I was riding a day after getting new tires, and my tire was really low. Had to bail on the ride and went home and the valve stem was leaking. Took it to the shop, and they fixed it, but then I noticed a week later they had put my front tire on backwards. I was done at that point.

All my buddies change their tires at my place too, so they give me plenty of beer, my fridge is always stocked, and if we go out to eat after a tire changing session, for some reason they will never let me pay..😀

Since then, we have started doing track days, so we change out our tires for slicks before the event. Because of all this, every ride starts and ends at my place, so I never have to go anywhere to "meet up", making it even more convenient. I also feel confident knowing my life is in MY hands, not some kid at the motorcycle shop who's girlfriend is cheating on him, and he doesn't give a crap about how my tires are mounted...

IT LOOKS LIKE THE MOTORCYCLE ADAPTER HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

Manual Tire Changer

Harbor Freight MC tire changer - making it actually work

https://no-scufftiretool.com/

·
Registered
213 Posts
+1 to The Stig!

The Mark Parnes wheel balancer, is very portable. I take it to the track if needed, and also take it anywhere I go to buy used wheels to check if they are bent or out-of-round. I also just use my pitbull rear stand as my wheel balancing stand, since it works perfectly.

The tools GTS455 links look very interesting! - Yes, I might upgrade!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts